Annoying Ad

Immaculate Pasta said:
Damocles you are such a geek.

No, I'm just sick to death that I built a pretty big site, and about 25% of my visitors use ad blocking software, which means that I get no revenue from them and will not be able to keep the site running if it gets any bigger.

How would you like it if someone walked in to your house, which you built, helped themselves to the insides of your fridge then walked out without even having the curtoesy to turn off the light behind them?

Damocles said:
awesome said:
So lets say i click on them a few times everytime i visit bluemoon, would it help? Or does it do it by IP so you can only click once?

You can click as many times as you want, but I stress that you should only click on ads where you are interested in the product. Otherwise you are robbing the ad companies, and they monitor for this type of thing. Just viewing them is enough, though I make a habit of clicking on ads if the product looks interesting.

Since I'm from aus, all i get is an aussie site, sportal, which i check anyways. So i figure i might as well click a couple of times from here if it helps the site :)

Damocles said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

No, I'm just sick to death that I built a pretty big site, and about 25% of my visitors use ad blocking software, which means that I get no revenue from them and will not be able to keep the site running if it gets any bigger.

How would you like it if someone walked in to your house, which you built, helped themselves to the insides of your fridge then walked out without even having the curtoesy to turn off the light behind them?

Super Geek!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Damocles said:

Super Geek!

Right, I'm coming to your house for my tea then. I expect you to have it waiting for me. Don't expect conversation.

Damocles said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

whats your site Damocles?

ps I have no ad blocking software,

Damocles said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Super Geek!

Right, I'm coming to your house for my tea then. I expect you to have it waiting for me. Don't expect conversation.

Egg and Chips allrite? Not done any shopping yet and we will have BBC on the background, can't stand adverts ;-)

Damocles said:

I've been involved in sites before and appreciate what you say, and don't have a problem with ads being at the top of the site. But ads like the one quoted by the OP are actually damaging to people like yourself, because it was horribly intrusive and extremely annoying - the kind of thing that makes people want to block ads. If I didn't work from home at the minute, I'd have been unable to use the site today, so bad was it, and while I stuck with it in my own home, I was very irritated indeed at times. If ads like this were to become a regular part of the experience of this site for most users, there wouldn't be bandwith problems because before long there won't be anyone left!

Now, I know you have no control over it, and I don't know what geographic coverage it has. I'm in Russia and the OP is in Thailand, I guess, but UK users presumably had something different. Now I have some Russian IQ test ad and one for Green Cards to the States. Neither of interest to me, so I'm not clicking, but perfectly unintrusive and fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.