Annual In Memoriam Sheffield United 30th December

Thanks for your kind comment pal.
It's very kind of you to say that.
My Dad's connection to West Gorton is that he was a musician (trombone player) at The New Elizabethan Ballroom in Belle Vue from 1960-1971 and then at Belle Vue Circus for most of the 1970s until it's final year in 1982.
My Dad was a dance instructor in the early 1950s. Met my mam in Levenshulme Palais. We live parallel lives.

Thanks for your kind comment pal.
It's very kind of you to say that.
My Dad's connection to West Gorton is that he was a musician (trombone player) at The New Elizabethan Ballroom in Belle Vue from 1960-1971 and then at Belle Vue Circus for most of the 1970s until it's final year in 1982.
My mam went out with Johny Dankworth and met Sinatra more than once

My dad, Vinny, passed away on 1 August this year. He was a scouser; born into a family of passionate Toffees. He moved to Manchester for work and met my mum, lived in Manchester for the rest of his life and ended up becoming a City fan. He took me and my brothers to matches regularly.

I moved abroad many years ago, but my brother Matthew and my dad had season cards and went to home matches together. I would be at home here in Thailand preparing to watch our match on the telly and I would get pictures sent to me via WhatsApp of the two of them enjoying their pre-match ritual of a pie and a pint before the game.

Our Matt decided to give the season cards up when Vinny died. That first home game of this season will have been tough for my brother, because it was the first one in over a decade he would not have been at the match with our dad.

I entered Vinny's name on the website to be included in the "In Memoriam" match tributes …

City memorial fixture screenshots_30_12_2023.jpg

… typical Vinny! He ended up on the telly.

Miss you and love you, dad. x

My condolences to all other blues who have lost loved ones this year, and to all those who find this time of year particularly difficult. We are one big family.

And a big thank you to the club for this wonderful opportunity for us as one big family to remember those who have passed.

Is there anyway to review the names posted before the game on the screens? Someone on another site mentioned City release a video of it but looking back on previous years I can't see anything so don't think that's accurate.
Put my dad's name forward who died in July, seen it in the programme but missed it on the screens

I know i have messages i haven't replied to from earlier this year when i posted distraught unable to cope with carrying on after losing mum in June, i'm sorry i didn't reply - i so very much appreciated the support, i just didn't log in here for months and months, and after that felt i couldn't face replying. But i appreciate the love you all gave me.

Mum's name was in the memorial programme today, and i frantically watched for her name to flash up on the advertising around the ground - i just spotted it and managed to film so my sister could see the movie, i wish i'd managed a better film or even a photo of mums name in the silence/applause, but i was there, with my son, that's what counts. I might find a photo or movie online.

We chose this match to also finally put mum in the obituaries of the programme, so she' s in with a lovely picture (as well as being listed on the memorial page), i worded what i felt was a heartfelt tribute, and we're very proud to give her that send off in the programme. The wording conjures up my memories and makes me smile as well as cry, which is how it should be.

I've done ok this year, carried on in the end... as you do... having little wobbles at the thought of 2024 being a year mum didn't exist in - while we're in 2023 it feels like she was here, she knew 2023, she doesn't know 2024, it's finally all over as we tick to the new year.

But mum knew she was the most loved brilliant person there is - and i miss her so much, but i've carried on, for my boy and for me - she'd want me to.

I love you mum.

And to the forum - thank you again for the support in the summer. Best wishes to all of you and your families.
Fuckinell mate, awesome words and tribute to your Mum. Thanks for sharing, awful when you lose a parent. Good luck to you all for 2024.

My dad, Vinny, passed away on 1 August this year. He was a scouser; born into a family of passionate Toffees. He moved to Manchester for work and met my mum, lived in Manchester for the rest of his life and ended up becoming a City fan. He took me and my brothers to matches regularly.

I moved abroad many years ago, but my brother Matthew and my dad had season cards and went to home matches together. I would be at home here in Thailand preparing to watch our match on the telly and I would get pictures sent to me via WhatsApp of the two of them enjoying their pre-match ritual of a pie and a pint before the game.

Our Matt decided to give the season cards up when Vinny died. That first home game of this season will have been tough for my brother, because it was the first one in over a decade he would not have been at the match with our dad.

I entered Vinny's name on the website to be included in the "In Memoriam" match tributes …

View attachment 102888

… typical Vinny! He ended up on the telly.

Miss you and love you, dad. x

My condolences to all other blues who have lost loved ones this year, and to all those who find this time of year particularly difficult. We are one big family.

And a big thank you to the club for this wonderful opportunity for us as one big family to remember those who have passed.

Quality post. Love it.

Is there anyway to review the names posted before the game on the screens? Someone on another site mentioned City release a video of it but looking back on previous years I can't see anything so don't think that's accurate.
Put my dad's name forward who died in July, seen it in the programme but missed it on the screens

Might be somewhere on the OS or City+ app mate.

If not, contact city and no doubt they’ll assist.

I’m in the same boat. My mum died of cancer this year and was a city fan for over 65 years. We were too late to get her in the programme but we did get her onto the screens. Stupidly, I thought the names would be on the main screens so missed it. Would love to know if we could get a chance to see it somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.