Anonymous threatens to bring down facebook..

Adam-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Adam-mcfc said:
I disagree with their mission and how they go about accomplishing it. Releasing the information (credit cards, addresses, names, etc.) of police officers across the U.S. helps no one and will just annoy the government, which could lead to future crackdows on Internet activity. But the worst part is bragging of their victories like a bunch of attention whores who crave the praise of the internet. Apparently these aren't the "real hackers" but my sentiments remain. If got involved in the scene I would stay clear of them.

That was LulzSec, not Anonymous, they aren't the same thing.
Are they not made up of the same people? I was under the impression that the top anonymous members formed lulzsec

Nope, two completely separate hacking groups. As I say, the semantics is hard to get your heard around, because Anonymous is an idea rather than group, that happens to share a name with the hacking group, Anonymous. LulzSec could well have been members of the Anonymous idea (who I have no doubt are the guys perpetrating this Facebook bollocks), but not Annoymous the hacking group.

Damocles said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
That was LulzSec, not Anonymous, they aren't the same thing.
Are they not made up of the same people? I was under the impression that the top anonymous members formed lulzsec

Nope, two completely separate hacking groups. As I say, the semantics is hard to get your heard around, because Anonymous is an idea rather than group, that happens to share a name with the hacking group, Anonymous. LulzSec could well have been members of the Anonymous idea (who I have no doubt are the guys perpetrating this Facebook bollocks), but not Annoymous the hacking group.
Ah, I see what you're saying now. It sounds like the people behind the anonymous idea are the ones controlling the twitter account and releasing the statements, so those are the people I take issue with.

I like my facebook

Can store my photo's, see latest updates from football, band etc

keep in touch with mates

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.