Anonymous threatens to bring down facebook..

The sad thing is they re right.

"Facebook knows more bout you than your family.."

Sad, but true i guess 95% of fb active users...

However, why 5th Nov? I mean come on its UFC nd the Prelims are showing on Facebook...

If UFC finds an alterlative like Youtube or some other good Stream then, hell yes destroy them, do it guys.

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
'We do not forgive, we do not forget'

Wow really scary stuff. I'm sat here bricking myself over a few spotty dorks who are going to bring down facebook. How on earth will we all cope?

Get fucked dorks

You'd be surprised what people can do with a computer and some spare time, considering every major financial, government, military and data storage system from every major government and corporation in the world is online. And they've all pretty much followed terrible security practices, and every person on this planet has been bombarded with "security tips" that teach you to create hugely unsafe passwords that can be cracked relatively quickly.

I'm totally aware of that mate but I'm not going to live in fear because of it. That dorky video just looks like it's trying to intimidate/worry people. They can get fucked

Adam-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Manchester la la la la said:
this wont work anyway

all anon rely on is getting people from 4chan to download script programs, and using them at a certain time (DDOS)

for a site like facebook, which handles lots of traffic a day, i doubt a DDOS will affect it too much

It's funny that all of the "cool kids" on here are dismissing Anonymous. Well, I'm close to an expert on digital security through my former black hat activities growing up, my years worth of experience protecting a high traffic site from intruders all around the world and my numerous associations with security professionals, and I'm telling you that not only are they a very real threat to enterprises, but the methods that you are stating they use are blatantly false.

The problem that we have, is that a couple of people think they know what Anonymous is, and they're propagating a myth about them which is dangerous and stupid.
The only myth I propagate is that a bunch of scriptkiddies who have a wank over V for Vendetta aren't a threat. Lulzsec I could take seriously and admired the fact that they didn't even try pretending that what they do is good for the Internet or anybody else, unlike anonymous. Anonymous claims to be some revolutionary group for the people but they only attack the people who don't fit their exact political agenda. They dont give a fuck about "the people". Also it seems like everyone in anon has some absurd god-complex that makes them assume that since they can hack a website with little to no security they're automatically an Internet hero.

*Awaits a signature rant from Damocles*

This is exactly what I mean by propagating dangerous and stupid myths. The hacking group Anonymous are not "script kiddies who want over V for Vendetta", LulzSec has nothing on Anonymous, they're just a bigger name in popular culture but achievement wise, Anonymous is better, they're just quieter. The problem, is that you don't know what you are talking about because you aren't involved in any sort of hacking scene to know, and worst of all, you're convinced that you have an idea of what Anonymous is that is totally false.

Damocles said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
It's funny that all of the "cool kids" on here are dismissing Anonymous. Well, I'm close to an expert on digital security through my former black hat activities growing up, my years worth of experience protecting a high traffic site from intruders all around the world and my numerous associations with security professionals, and I'm telling you that not only are they a very real threat to enterprises, but the methods that you are stating they use are blatantly false.

The problem that we have, is that a couple of people think they know what Anonymous is, and they're propagating a myth about them which is dangerous and stupid.
The only myth I propagate is that a bunch of scriptkiddies who have a wank over V for Vendetta aren't a threat. Lulzsec I could take seriously and admired the fact that they didn't even try pretending that what they do is good for the Internet or anybody else, unlike anonymous. Anonymous claims to be some revolutionary group for the people but they only attack the people who don't fit their exact political agenda. They dont give a fuck about "the people". Also it seems like everyone in anon has some absurd god-complex that makes them assume that since they can hack a website with little to no security they're automatically an Internet hero.

*Awaits a signature rant from Damocles*

This is exactly what I mean by propagating dangerous and stupid myths. The hacking group Anonymous are not "script kiddies who want over V for Vendetta", LulzSec has nothing on Anonymous, they're just a bigger name in popular culture but achievement wise, Anonymous is better, they're just quieter. The problem, is that you don't know what you are talking about because you aren't involved in any sort of hacking scene to know, and worst of all, you're convinced that you have an idea of what Anonymous is that is totally false.
I'll just assume now that you are/were in anon. I don't see any evidence that contradicts what I said. I have no doubt that there are powerful hackers and crackers in anonymous who could do crazy things but their reputation is tarnished in my eyes by the childish antics of the rest of them.

Then you assume wrong. I'm not now, nor have I ever been in Anonymous, I got out long before they started.

You don't see any evidence because real hackers don't broadcast their achievements to the global media like some sort of badge. Again, you're living in ignorance and trying to argue from authority.

You also fail to understand what Anonymous is as a group. Anonymous is an idea. Anybody can be in Anonymous, all you have to do is say that you are. That's it. There's no entrance exams, or anything, you just broadcast yourself as Anonymous and you're automatically in. There is no group structure, there is no leader, no chain of command.

As I say, you are wrong on their methods, you are wrong on their structure and you are wrong on their makeup, yet you are still trying to give an opinion on how dangerous they are. What exactly do you know about them to be arguing so vehemently?

I disagree with their mission and how they go about accomplishing it. Releasing the information (credit cards, addresses, names, etc.) of police officers across the U.S. helps no one and will just annoy the government, which could lead to future crackdows on Internet activity. But the worst part is bragging of their victories like a bunch of attention whores who crave the praise of the internet. Apparently these aren't the "real hackers" but my sentiments remain. If got involved in the scene I would stay clear of them.

Adam-mcfc said:
I disagree with their mission and how they go about accomplishing it. Releasing the information (credit cards, addresses, names, etc.) of police officers across the U.S. helps no one and will just annoy the government, which could lead to future crackdows on Internet activity. But the worst part is bragging of their victories like a bunch of attention whores who crave the praise of the internet. Apparently these aren't the "real hackers" but my sentiments remain. If got involved in the scene I would stay clear of them.

That was LulzSec, not Anonymous, they aren't the same thing.

Damocles said:
Adam-mcfc said:

That was LulzSec, not Anonymous, they aren't the same thing.
Are they not made up of the same people? I was under the impression that the top anonymous members formed lulzsec

I'm not bothered about anyone finding out how many friends I don't want to talk to. Nowt we can do really anyways apart from be safe online. Virtual safety, better than real safety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.