Another Champions league revamp...?

But it doesn't find the "champions of Europe" does it? For that you would need all clubs in Europe to play in a league!

Liverpool think they are the "champions of Europe" but they weren't even the best team in the North West last season (and haven't been champions of England for 30 years)!

But imagine if Spurs has won it and went round calling themselves the "champions of Europe" - it would be laughable!

So who gives a fuck? Plenty of European Cup winners failed to win their domestic league in the same season, yet apparently that had more validity.

Do you go around saying the winners of the world cup aren't "world champions" as soon as they lose a game after the tournament? Did Germany stop being the world cup champions when they didn't win Euro 2016?

Last edited:
You saying I want a European super league doesn't actually make it true, just so you know.

So who gives a fuck? Plenty of European Cup winners failed to win their domestic league in the same season, yet apparently that had more validity.

I'll answer both of these together.

I genuinely don't understand your "so who gives a fuck" comment. You said that it's a competition to find the "champions of Europe" - I'm just pointing out that it does no such thing.

I didn't say the previous version of the European Cup had more "validity". Although at least the winner would have been champions of their own league the season before, unlike last season's finalists who hadn't won their domestic leagues for a combined 89 years!

I personally find the Champions League group stages dull and generally don't go those games for that reason. The tournament only comes alive in the knockout stages - surely that's an indication that something is fundamentally wrong with the structure?

And the current "Champions" League is already a form of European Super League.

I'll answer both of these together.

I genuinely don't understand your "so who gives a fuck" comment. You said that it's a competition to find the "champions of Europe" - I'm just pointing out that it does no such thing.

I didn't say the previous version of the European Cup had more "validity". Although at least the winner would have been champions of their own league the season before, unlike last season's finalists who hadn't won their domestic leagues for a combined 89 years!

I personally find the Champions League group stages dull and generally don't go those games for that reason. The tournament only comes alive in the knockout stages - surely that's an indication that something is fundamentally wrong with the structure?

And the current "Champions" League is already a form of European Super League.

Ok, so you want no international competition at all, because it's pointless.

And I suppose we should also get rid of the FA Cup and League Cup, and Euros and World cup, as cups are useless competitions which don't tell you anything.

Got it. Football will be so much better under your supervision, clearly.

Ok, so you want no international competition at all, because it's pointless.

And I suppose we should also get rid of the FA Cup and League Cup, and Euros and World cup, as cups are useless competitions which don't tell you anything.

Got it. Football will be so much better under your supervision, clearly.

He didn't say that he said that it needs renaming into something like a super league which is what it is, it isn't the champions league.

He didn't say that he said that it needs renaming into something like a super league which is what it is, it isn't the champions league.

But then clowns like you will point out it's not actually a league because there's a KO stage.

Why are you being abusive? You don't understand the simple concept of what a champion is.

The Champions League includes the Champions of 55 UEFA countries.

For 40 of those countries, it remains a competition only accessible via being the champion of your domestic league.

That's enough champions for anyone who's not deliberately acting like a clown for the sake of it to accept a name like "The Champions League".

Last edited:
The Champions League includes the Champions of 55 UEFA countries.

That's enough champions for anyone who's not deliberately acting like a dickhead to accept a name like "The Champions League".

You've lost the plot I'll leave it to someone else to throw some cold water over you.

You've lost the plot I'll leave it to someone else to throw some cold water over you.

Yeah, when your entire argument falls apart, best to drop out.

I look forward to seeing your petition for us to drop out of the English Football League Cup because we're not in the Football League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.