Another good piece by Martin Samuel

The article loses all credibility when he says Smalling is a better RB than Richards and in the combined XI does not include any of Tevez, Dzeko or Balotelli on the bench.

mancity1 said:
Good squads should get the job done no matter who is in charge and if not then you have to question the whole set up from top to bottom of which management is only one part of.

Yeah, well take a look at Sunderland before elephant-man got the boot and MON came in. Or Chelsea with AVB compared to now.
Good squads still need to operate as a unit, a tight group, and it is the manager's job to make sure such an atmosphere exists.

Matt the Giant said:
mancity1 said:
Good squads should get the job done no matter who is in charge and if not then you have to question the whole set up from top to bottom of which management is only one part of.

Yeah, well take a look at Sunderland before elephant-man got the boot and MON came in. Or Chelsea with AVB compared to now.
Good squads still need to operate as a unit, a tight group, and it is the manager's job to make sure such an atmosphere exists.

Yeah but look at the stable teams

Arsenal
Everton
Stoke
United
Wigan

Now Wigan maybe fighting relegation but with that squad Martinez does well to give em a fighting chance.

Toon Exile said:
Matt the Giant said:
mancity1 said:

Arsenal
Everton
Stoke
United
Wigan

Now Wigan maybe fighting relegation but with that squad Martinez does well to give em a fighting chance.

The more I watch Wigan the more respect I get for Martinez. I think he's doing a fantastic job at Wigan, and it would be interesting to see what he could do with a better team. I don't think he'll stay with Wigan if they are relegated.

Matt the Giant said:
Toon Exile said:
Matt the Giant said:

Arsenal
Everton
Stoke
United
Wigan

The more I watch Wigan the more respect I get for Martinez. I think he's doing a fantastic job at Wigan, and it would be interesting to see what he could do with a better team. I don't think he'll stay with Wigan if they are relegated.

Yeah im a big admirer of his. Brendan Rogers was prasing him on Goals on Sunday saying he started the Swansea we see today.

Matt the Giant said:
mancity1 said:

If the players don't perform because they have a beef with the manager or players have lost respect for that manager and as a consequence do not perform to their abilities then you have to raise serious questions about those players and their professionalism.

A number of our squad I am sure have no strong bond with Mancini in any way shape or form or even like some of his decisions he makes whether they directly impact on them or not but once they cross that line over 38 games they and only they decide by their actions and mindset whether at the end of the season they have more points than 19 other teams.

Players have to have the mindset to overcome any disagreements they have with management on gameday.

Yes the manager has to set up the right environment / infrastructure to ensure they have the best possible resources to gain that competitive edge but they still have to do it against an opposition over 90 minutes.

Toon Exile said:
Matt the Giant said:
mancity1 said:

Arsenal
Everton
Stoke
United
Wigan

This stable team argument is silly.

Here are the unstable teams: City, Spurs, Chelsea, NewCastle, , Liverpool. So 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th. Seems there isn't much difference here. Look at the FA cup, 2 unstable Semifinalist. Champs league, Unstable Chelsea, Carling Cup, Unstable Liverpool.

Simply put, their is only on correlation here: Ferguson. Stablity breeds success and complacency. Change breeds Creativity, novelity and volatility. They both have there advantages and Disadvantages.

Dax777 said:
Toon Exile said:
Matt the Giant said:

Arsenal
Everton
Stoke
United
Wigan

This stable team argument is silly.

Here are the unstable teams: City, Spurs, Chelsea, NewCastle, , Liverpool. So 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th. Seems there isn't much difference here. Look at the FA cup, 2 unstable Semifinalist. Champs league, Unstable Chelsea, Carling Cup, Unstable Liverpool.

Simply put, their is only on correlation here: Ferguson. Stablity breeds success and complacency. Change breeds Creativity, novelity and volatility. They both have there advantages and Disadvantages.

Not really, How much have Liverpool spent in last 5 years, likewise with Chelsea, how much have spurs spent. The only one where a change has made a difference is Newcastle.

Mancini has progressed the team so why make a change. IF WE DIP THEN YES MAYBE A CHANGE NEEDS TO BE MADE BUT WE ARE CONTENDING FOR THE TITLE.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm --<br /><br />Liverpool and Chelsea are more appropriate examples as they are ''big'' teams who have changed managers and spent millions and both look like missing out on champs league. We have a project and that requires stability. Any new manager would want more money.

thepole said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
So two time CL winner, three time La Liga winner is just as good as a guy who had a good season in Portugal?

I don't even know where to starty with that.

And unless AVB had managed a team with 3 of the 4 best players in the world, you will be unable to dismiss it as it's simply conjecture.

But when Guardiola arrived they weren't three of the four best in the world, Messi was 3rd, Xavi and Iniesta not even in the top 30. He also made the decision to move on two of the people that were in the top 30, Ronaldinho and Eto'o, a pretty big decision and one which made Barca what they are today. Doesn't get enough credit for this.

Although I would prefer Pep for a variety of different reasons, I think it's pretty undeniable he inherited one of the best first 11's in football when he took over. I'm pretty interested to know who you think were the 30 better players than xavi and iniesta in 2008?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.