Another New Sponsor - will drink to that !!

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Anyone know how much this deal is worth to us ?

I would guess it will be a very small amount if anything , but maybe a bit of branding over there. Maybe city will donate a dozen trips to the Etihad in return for our badge on their 'competition' cans. That's all I can see it being. maybe we will do a pre season tour over there and let them put their logo in the press conferences or whatever . It won't have many 0s after it, put it that way, but every little helps.

As I remember, Hansa Pilsener was originally brewed in what was then South West Africa which is now Namibia.
It was competing against the likes of Lion and Castle lager as well as Amstel in the South African market and wasn't too popular with the folk at the time.
It's probably a brand now of SAB Miller which I think is in the top 5 breweries by turnover in the world.
When I tried it though it was like drinking cattle piss.

Manchester City suit said "blah blah blah"

Sponsoring company suit said "waffle waffle waffle" and so it goes.

Hope it isn't a SABMILLER brand. They're responsible for many atrocities against decent ale worldwide over the years.

Didsbury Dave said:
TGR said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Absolutely mate. It's all a big charade. I particularly laugh at company "mission statements", which are the biggest pile of disingenuous guff I've ever seen.

Companies exist to make a profit. Everything around that is a means to that end, and pretending otherwise is just one big game.

Not exactly true Dave to be fair.

I work for a huge global organisation (a very well known brand) with a £50 billion turnover that employs 300.000 world wide and it is a charitable foundation. A huge chunk of the profits they make (which is a lot) are given directly to charitable causes.
We still have huge amounts of corporate bullshit, mission statements, diversity days you name the corporate crap and we do it all at least twice over.i
Its just the way it is. If we have to listen to a bit of corporate bullshit to pump up the revenues then so be it. Who actually listens and actually gives a fuck?

They give the money to charity because it's the done thing and they'd be hammered externally if they didn't. They call it their 'social responsibility' and will no doubt make these gifts public knowledge and get the right pr from them.

If they are a company of that size their sole accountability and sole drive is to provide a return to their shareholders. That's the truth and the only truth. The charity stuff is just a means to that end.

But I agree its a dull and pointless discussion and not worthy of a football forum.

I look forward to tasting the beer and being inspired to fulfill my dreams. #together

Dave I'll finish on this:
The company I work for has no shareholders. It's owned by the charity. The company doesn't give money to the charity it's the other way around. Not every business is evil and In the pursuit of profit alone. Some do have a social responsibility. I agree it is very rare here in the UK but not so rare in other parts of the world.
However the main question is the beer any good?

TGR said:
Didsbury Dave said:
TGR said:
Not exactly true Dave to be fair.

I work for a huge global organisation (a very well known brand) with a £50 billion turnover that employs 300.000 world wide and it is a charitable foundation. A huge chunk of the profits they make (which is a lot) are given directly to charitable causes.
We still have huge amounts of corporate bullshit, mission statements, diversity days you name the corporate crap and we do it all at least twice over.i
Its just the way it is. If we have to listen to a bit of corporate bullshit to pump up the revenues then so be it. Who actually listens and actually gives a fuck?

They give the money to charity because it's the done thing and they'd be hammered externally if they didn't. They call it their 'social responsibility' and will no doubt make these gifts public knowledge and get the right pr from them.

If they are a company of that size their sole accountability and sole drive is to provide a return to their shareholders. That's the truth and the only truth. The charity stuff is just a means to that end.

But I agree its a dull and pointless discussion and not worthy of a football forum.

I look forward to tasting the beer and being inspired to fulfill my dreams. #together

Dave I'll finish on this:
The company I work for has no shareholders. It's owned by the charity. The company doesn't give money to the charity it's the other way around. Not every business is evil and In the pursuit of profit alone. Some do have a social responsibility. I agree it is very rare here in the UK but not so rare in other parts of the world.
However the main question is the beer any good?

A charity like this one: <a class="postlink" href="http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=18575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=18575</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.