Another reason to fine us.....

If UEFA/Premier league ever introduces this rule then the MuEN/BT Sport will be emailing UEFA/FA with evidence, and we will be skint

La Liga clubs to face fines for showing empty seats on television

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36328609

Given that Madrid and Barca average 20000 below capacity and most of the rest 10000 below they'd better have deep pockets for the fines.

Hang on this just La Liga isn't it not UEFA, we do just fine in the Premier League, cup games are another matter. I do wonder though with our attendances if the BT cameras are deliberately looking for the empty seats though, also I never seem to notice as many late comers at other grounds, who seem to be there before kick off... do City need to move the pubs closer or something? ;)

I remember reading a while back that the yanks have a rule in the NFL where games get pulled from TV if they haven't sold out 72 hours before kick-off. A rule like that in football would really focus the suits on getting the pricing right.

While SWP's Back's example was a bit extreme I have indeed said on a number of occasions that I believe the suits would rather see us sell fewer tickets at a higher price than fill the ground at a lower price. So I'd say they'd rather see us sell 40,000 @ £50 than 54,000 @ £35
Which is why lumpy fines for empty seats wouldn't be a bad idea as it could close the gap between the two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.