Another Roberto.... Martinez?

Bluesiam

Team supported
Only City
I know this sounds a little naiive and 'knee jerk' but if our Roberto is defo gone (based on so many performances of late, I think perhaps he should be) and if someone like Pellegrini is in the picture, why not consider another Roberto......... Martinez?
His team played us off the park twice in a week with an injury decimated squad that shouldn't be able to polish our boots! What could he do with our squad!?

He seems to be a great communicator....which I think we all agree our Roberto is not. He also seems to have a way with Spanish/Latin players.

OK, No CL experience, but other than that, a record not dissimilar to that of Pellegrini?

A no from me. Even though he has won the FA Cup Martinez is still a novice in European Football. Pellegrini has consistently produced European results on shoestring and, even he didn't win anything at Real Madrid he got them a record point total.

Too early for him, I'm afraid. You can't just jump from managing year after year relegation threatened team to one that want CL glory.

Everton is perfect level for him. If he proves himself there he'll certainly be considered for job at even bigger scene.

MSP said:
Too early for him, I'm afraid. You can't just jump from managing year after year relegation threatened team to one that want CL glory.

Everton is perfect level for him. If he proves himself there he'll certainly be considered for job at even bigger scene.

Exactly this.

AucklandBlue said:
MSP said:

Exactly this.

Yep. Unanimous. /thread

He just needs some time at club where you are expected to win more games than it is the case with Wigan to be able to take over the club where you are expected to win each game.

It's huge difference in game mentality and time is needed for him to adapt on that.

I hope he'll do it. Wigan is playing likeable football and he is such a nice and PR friendly guy. Would hate if he'd finish at Rags though, would be hard to hate him :)

Why Always Ste said:
Yea, needs tested at a bigger club like Everton.

Someone from the Prem.... Laudrup

How is Laudrup more tested than Martinez? Laudrup inherited the team that Martinez originally built at Swansea btw. I think if anyone is tested its Martinez, his team gets ripped apart every season and he puts a new one together and gets them playing great football. I think if anyone's unproven it's probably Laudrup, though I rate him very highly as a manager. He still inherited a team that fit the style he wanted to play. Martinez is the one who has actually transformed teams.

I'm certain Martinez would do a very good job with us, but I think our owner wants a bigger name in football than him. Being manager for Manchester City also means you are an ambassador for Abu Dahbi.

But strictly from a qualitative side, Martinez is one of the most underrated managers out there and he deserves a chance to lead a top side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.