Another smoking ban thread

It seems quite a few on here are coming round to my way of thinking, it is not against the law to smoke on the spirals as they are not "significantly enclosed" enough, so by getting the council to ammend the terms of the lease, these could be allocated as a smoking area for people on level 2 and three, then have a fenced off pen at three or four exit points for those on level 1.
Smokers catered for and non smokers can piss all day long without worrying about having a smell on their clothes.

law74 said:
It seems quite a few on here are coming round to my way of thinking, it is not against the law to smoke on the spirals as they are not "significantly enclosed" enough, so by getting the council to ammend the terms of the lease, these could be allocated as a smoking area for people on level 2 and three, then have a fenced off pen at three or four exit points for those on level 1.
Smokers catered for and non smokers can piss all day long without worrying about having a smell on their clothes.

This is the answer....its that simple really, problem solved!

The e-mail from Mr fletcher I received......

Mr

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of the issues in the toilets around the stadium and it is addressed at every game. Unfortunately the scale of the problem means that we have not enough resources to address every toilet at every game.

We cannot use uniformed stewards to address this and the police will not get involved as the enforcing agency is the Local Authority. I have requested that they assist in enforcing the regulations on a number of occasions but they have so far refused as they do not have sufficient resources to deal with it.

I do employ undercover operatives at every game to identify people smoking in toilets and we average about 15 ejections per game, All of which receive a minimum three match ban. I will not use uniform stewards to enter toilets at busy periods as the toilets are already congested and if there was to be any confrontation it is likely that, in a confined area, people may get injured.

We will continue to enforce the smoking ban but do acknowledge that it is unsatisfactory.

Regards

Peter Fletcher

law74 said:

i wonder what manchester fire services would make of that let alone all the health and safety bods,300 smokers in our way on the spirals it would never happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.