Another Toffee Target?

lionheart

According to something I read earlier today....following Joe Cole's expected move to Arsenal after the World Cup, Manchester City will instead go for Everton's Steven Pienaar, Barcelona's Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Aston Villa's James Milner as they continue their bid to sign everyone good in football...personally, if we are raiding Goodison, I would prefer Arteta and Rodwell.

Rodwell will be a top top player imo, but he's just recently signed a new deal at Everton, and hasn't reached the stage yet where he's realised that he's outgrown his current club. When that particular penny drops he'll cost someone big money, and if Everton haven't attracted an investor by then, I'm sure we'll do the decent thing and provide some finance to keep that club afloat until they manage to produce another asset that they can sell.......

Pienaar is a very good player. But not good enough for a club with Top 4 aspirations like us. Arteta is a different kettle of fish altogether. He would be a huge benefit to us and would represent a real strengthening of the squad.

As has been mentioned many times on many different threads, we must place trust and faith in Roberto Mancini and his colleagues in his selection of targets.

The rest, a concern expressed by a few, again on the odd thread recently, is down to the professionalism of our other negotiator(s) responsible for transfer deals. Ideally we need a 'fixer', an intermediary like Corvino at Fiorentina or Marotta latterly at Sampdoria, now at Juve who can do the business, sourcing and bringing to their clubs key players at realistic prices.

I really don't see any upside to pursuing Pienaar other than ecomony & a better level of cover for another (1st choice) LM signing.

28 years old with 1 year left on his contract he's worth no more than 6m quid, and Everton won't let him go for that so I would rather not.

Very fast, very tenacious, but just not good enough to be first choice at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.