Anthony Taylor (of Altrincham)

Taylor is not from Altrincham he was born and grew up in Wythenshawe, Manchester, which has nothing to do with Altrincham.
Taylor’s connection to Altrincham is that he pretends to support their non league football club.
I believe he currently lives in Bolton, a town just north of Manchester.
Don’t be confused by electoral wards as they cross boundaries. They have nothing to do with which towns or cities areas are actually located

Cheers, Happy to be corrected. The page saying Altrincham was in Trafford, and someone here saying he lived in Altrincham were partly to blame.
(I know where Bolton is!)

He also reffed United QPR when QPR were in a relegation battle with, surprisingly, Bolton

Ha, random indeed.

Particularly given the artificial fuss over Kevin Friend reffing Spurs after visiting Leicester as a guest of a friend...

The blocking of reffing is impractical after a while. You can get away with Dean not reffing the Merseyside teams, but Taylor and Kavanagh are Gtr Manchester-based, Mason is Bolton - you could easily run out, and it deprives an up-and-comer of doing the big games to make it big.

I’m going to disagree with you now.

They are not thick at the top.

That was my logic if nothing dodgy was going on that the very least they are just thick. I agree that they're not and they know exactly what they are doing with this appointment.

The CL refs get hammered on here. They’re foreign?

They do and they don't. I don't want a random ref who is foreign they still need to be good at their job. Clearly ours aren't if they can't get picked for the World Cup. I also think it is accepted by most the champions league refs are ott probably under instructions. If they was advised to let more go as we do in England I think they'd improve too. Taylor is shite regardless of where he is from, if we had a shite Italian at least we can't blame his footballing allegiances

Ha, random indeed.

Particularly given the artificial fuss over Kevin Friend reffing Spurs after visiting Leicester as a guest of a friend...

The blocking of reffing is impractical after a while. You can get away with Dean not reffing the Merseyside teams, but Taylor and Kavanagh are Gtr Manchester-based, Mason is Bolton - you could easily run out, and it deprives an up-and-comer of doing the big games to make it big.
They run out of refs because PiGMOB choose to keep their coterie small.
I think they have something like 11 refs to call upon whereas the equivalent in both Spain and Germany have over 20 refs.

Now why would they want to keep the number small?

That was my logic if nothing dodgy was going on that the very least they are just thick. I agree that they're not and they know exactly what they are doing with this appointment.

They do and they don't. I don't want a random ref who is foreign they still need to be good at their job. Clearly ours aren't if they can't get picked for the World Cup. I also think it is accepted by most the champions league refs are ott probably under instructions. If they was advised to let more go as we do in England I think they'd improve too. Taylor is shite regardless of where he is from, if we had a shite Italian at least we can't blame his footballing allegiances
Yeah the non inclusion of our refs in the WC tells us all we need to know.

They run out of refs because PiGMOB choose to keep their coterie small.
I think they have something like 11 refs to call upon whereas the equivalent in both Spain and Germany have over 20 refs.

Now why would they want to keep the number small?

Yeah, 14 or 15 I think, and down at least one after Madley legged it.

I agree entirely that it's too small. You're not suggesting Riley is trying to micromanage something for his paymasters at the PL, are you? I am shocked!

Yeah, 14 or 15 I think, and down at least one after Madley legged it.

I agree entirely that it's too small. You're not suggesting Riley is trying to micromanage something for his paymasters at the PL, are you? I am shocked!
I wouldn’t dream of it....

Why the non-disclosure agreements in their contracts?
Not normal practice

It seems inconceivable that of all the refs in the PL not one, as far I know, followed/supported a current premier league team when younger. Odd that don't you think? And there is no way that they don't ref games differently dependent on who is playing. It could be very subtle things like one week playing an advantage and then the next not. That said we don't even get consistency in the same half of a game let alone from week to week. There is too much money in football for it not to be bent and if a ref on £100k a year if offered the same amount to award a penalty or show a red card etc then it will happen. Too many decisions each week leave people shaking their heads as to what has the ref seen. Why can't they take learning from both rugby league and union in the way refs are spoken to, deal with VAR, timekeeping etc? You rarely hear of refs in rugby being slated every single week, or hockey refs etc. I wonder why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.