"Anti-City" media propaganda war

Newspapers exist to make money.

A lot of non City fans are jealous or resentful of our financial muscle and what they perceive as the club 'buying success'.

To sell more papers or reinforce their readerships beliefs, they will slag us off as much as possible because headlines like, 'Super City are a Joy to Watch' won't have the papers flying off the shelves.

Ask yourself this and this is the only real annoyance I have.

When spuds qualified in fourth it was splashed all over the media for weeks.Arry this arry that..

We qualify in 3rd AND win the cup-What coverage do we get...Very fucking little if any..

There is quite clearly a north south divide going on here and an anti city media campaign for sure but as I said on my previous post-I just ignore it now...Pure jealousy and hatred thats all.

As I said to my spurs friends-Enjoy your thursday nights on channel 5!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

When spuds qualified in fourth it was splashed all over the media for weeks.Arry this arry that..

We qualify in 3rd AND win the cup-What coverage do we get...Very fucking little if any..

There is quite clearly a north south divide going on here and an anti city media campaign for sure but as I said on my previous post-I just ignore it now...Pure jealousy and hatred thats all.

Be interesting to see where the Europa coverage ends up next season with the Bindippersin as well.

Skashion said:
mrt4919 said:
Suggest you go out a little more and read some quality papers not sit in a kosher is wonderfull bubble
Quality papers where wonderful is spelt 'wonderfull', I'll pass on that one but cheers anyway. What was posted was complete nonsense. Being pro-Israeli does not mean you'll be anti-UAE. In fact the opposite will be the case more often that not because the UAE and Israel happen to have a common enemy in Iran and also common allies in the US, UK and France - where the nations I mentioned earlier buy billions of pounds worth of sophisticated military equipment including fighter jets. The poster who claimed an anti-MCFC bias due to pro-Israeli sentiments in the media has a simplistic view of the Middle East. Sounds like you do too. Moreover, he/she repeatedly mentioned not only that there was a pro-Israeli bias but that proprietors and football club owners were actually Jewish. There was therefore the strong implication that this meant they would be anti-Arab by default. That borders on anti-Semitism and at the very least there is the undertone of racism the poster is attempting to criticise. As I said, complete nonsense.

how long did it take to bring out the 'if you criticize israel you are anti-semetic' jibe? I made a genuine point which is backed up be the hammering we get in the press. When city are often quoted in the press you will see the word 'city's arab owners plan this/intend this etc' to clearly distinguish between city owners and other owners of football clubs. You made reference to some kind of pact between israel and the uae-try getting to the uae with an israeli stamp on your passport. So if I am anti-semetic then so is sheikh mansour. I think you need to write him an email and tell him we dont want his 'anti-semetic' money anymore.

"Anti-City" media propaganda war

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

We are absolutely all over the media all the time. Look at today's transfer headlines in all the papers.

If you live down south and read tabloids spurs will get more press. In the north the opposite. They regionalise their coverage.

Blimey, has Pigeonho not shot anyone who speaks on this matter yet?

shrekmansour said:
how long did it take to bring out the 'if you criticize israel you are anti-semetic' jibe? I made a genuine point which is backed up be the hammering we get in the press. When city are often quoted in the press you will see the word 'city's arab owners plan this/intend this etc' to clearly distinguish between city owners and other owners of football clubs. You made reference to some kind of pact between israel and the uae-try getting to the uae with an israeli stamp on your passport. So if I am anti-semetic then so is sheikh mansour. I think you need to write him an email and tell him we dont want his 'anti-semetic' money anymore.
If criticising Israel is anti-Semitic then I'm anti-Semitic. However, that's not the argument I made at all. The part which I thought bordered on anti-Semitic was the part where you felt it necessary to point out the proprietor and owners of those New Corp and the football clubs listed were not not merely pro-Israeli but Jews and this was somehow related to being anti-Arab. Why should a Jew be anti-Arab? Can you should me which part of the Torah instructs Jews to be anti-Arab? I made no reference to pacts between the UAE and Israel. I said they have common allies and a common enemy and that the UAE represents no threat to Israel. If I were you I would hasten unto a field and spend your time discussing your views on Middle Eastern politics to scarecrows; men made of straw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.