Anti depressants..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cityisland, 11 Mar 2018.

1. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

Not always mate. Sometimes depression can be brought about even when everything in someone's life is 'fine'. In such cases it's caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, and the meds do restore that balance.

2. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

i take 20mg of Citalopram.

i have tried the others including sertraline and no help./

3. bluealf

bluealf

A waking one I presume ?

4. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain brought about by life. The meds help but it may take you a while to find the right ones. Some work some don't. Fluoxetine sent me psychotic. Take the meds see how it goes keep talking to your GP. Once your genuinely feel better then you can start your recovery by addressing the issues that caused your illness. Biggest problem is the stigma attached to depression. 1 in 4 will face depression tomsome degree in their lives. Owning it is a great help. Remember you can't change the past, you don't know the future you can only live in the now. Hope you get there pal.

5. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Carpe Diem

6. True. I know all the things in life that ‘stress me out’. Some I could change, some I can’t. I just believe that meds (escitalopram after fluoxetine for couple of years) helps me deal with life. Tried talking therapy but made me feel worse as I brought up stuff that suddenly started playing on my mind when it hadn’t previously.

7. Wardie

Wardie

Last two years been on 30 mg citralopram(sp) before that 40mg for 3 years Best thing I ever did, might not work for everyone but for me those little tablets have been a life saver.

CBT didn’t work for me as I never opened up.

I also exercise a lot more before I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do it.

Do what works for you, is all I can say.

Lasted edited by : 17 Mar 2018
  8. TueartsOHK

TueartsOHK

I’ve been on a few varieties of anti-depresssnts and they all seem to have side affects. In my case these are usually sexual - either erectile dysfunction or unable to orgasm. Lithium causes shaky hands and weight gain. Like Karen said a few pages ago you have to weigh these side efffects up against the therapeutic benefits of the drug. If there are no benefits try a different drug - there are many varieties. The important thing is to give them time - often it can take 3 weeks or more for them to kick in.

9. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

My mum o/d on these and made her paranoia a lot worse. I wouldn’t recommend them. But hope works out for you.