Anti depressants..

What is it for? Depression or Anxiety?

Lexapro is quite good for anxiety disorders. It has very few side affects (probably the best of the SSRIs in that regard).

As others have said, if you do experience side affects try to power through them for a week. They should largely go away in that time. If they don't you may need to try a different drug. Be patient and persistant. If the first one does not work, try another. There likely is something out there that you will tolerate.

As others have said...Nothing will work for a few weeks. Give it time...good mental health is worth it.
My housemate stopped early and went back to being insular. The doc said explicitly to finish the course. Next time she did, now a general manager at a flagship debenhams, I am very proud of her.

Sorry for the bump.

I had been taking 20mg of Citalopram for approximately 10 months but last week my dosage increased to 40mg due to the reemergence of some rather dark thoughts.

Whilst I don’t feel particularly anxious or depressed, I have absolutely no energy, its negating the effects of Ritalin and now I am apathetic about being apathetic. My brain is extremely foggy and it’s a big concern that these side effects might not subside anytime soon. :(

I strongly suggest you discuss with your Doctor the possibility of switching from Citalopram (Celexa) to Escitalopram (Lexapro). The are largely the same drug (same company). When Celexa's patent was running out the company released Lexapro. It is the same thing but they isolated a the parts of the drug that were more likely to cause side effects and eliminated it. That part (that they eliminated) does not seem to have any efficacy for depression/anxiety (i.e. they got rid of the stuff in Celexa that didn't help but did cause side effects). If you are on a 40 mg Celexa dose you would take a 20 mg Lexapro dose (half of the drug has been removed). Because it is the same thing you can transition from Celexa to Lexapro seamlessly.

I was on Celexa for a few years. When Lexapro arrived on the scene my shrink moved me to that. It was great. Then my insurance changed and they wouldn't pay for Lexapro so I went back to Celexa. Then my insurance changed again and I am back on Lexapro. My point is you can go back and forth because again...its the same thing.

We put my daughter on Celexa when she was 6 years old (we went with that because it had been around for decades). She recently switched to Lexapro now that she is older (13). Again...its the same thing but without the side affects.

I don't like them, I don't like the way they hand them out, not a fan at all.

How do you feel about insulin for diabetes patients?

If you don't know what you are talking about you should really shut the fuck up when the issue is someone's health.

My issue was a massive underlying drinking problem that latest over two decades, took 6-8 weeks for me to start feeling normal after stopping drinking. Took some natural supplements towards the end of the 6-8 weeks that I'd read good things about.

My point is, is that with our culture, and so many heavy drinkers, anti depressants are thrown around far too easily without looking at the cause, but I guess they're cheaper than psychologists :)

This is absurd. You criticize legitimate medicine and then admit the real problem is you are a fucking drunk. Nice.

Just a sticking plaster over whatever the real problem is
That’s how I use them. Help me fall asleep after multi-day drinking or single night pills/coke. Nice audiobook on sleep timer. They shit all over Horlicks.

This is absurd. You criticize legitimate medicine and then admit the real problem is you are a fucking drunk. Nice.
Lots of things about our lives aren’t very ‘nice’. Like the way we behave sometimes. I think that little quote wasn’t one of your finest moments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.