Anti depressants..

Changing your diet can help a hell of a lot. I still have a beer and a spliff(I know they're bad) but had to change my diet because of high cholesterol. Half a year later, I honestly feel better mentally. I also suffer from anxiety which I've been on tabs for for over ten years, but same again feel better mentally. If you like a swig, try cut it down a bit and change your diet. Works wonders I promise.

If your mad as fuck take your medicine and listen to the professionals, Eating cabbage will not alter your mental state, yogurt

If anyone on here feels they would like to have a beer or just a chat with someone who can understand, even a little, of their state; i can always make time for that. I promise i am not as much as a twat as i appear to be :-D

Seriously, it is often easier to speak to a sympathetic ear who has no preconceived ideas about you. If you just need to get it out to someone, i always have time for that.

PS The spliff was because I use tobacco. **** of a drug
I still smoke to bud but not as much, kinda xD

If you want to smoke a j without the chems in baccy get american spirit rolling baccy, its not wet like others and has nothing added. Obviously it is not better than stopping but it is better than a kick in the dick, and cheaper than cigs to boss.

Hey all,

Looks like I may have to start dabbling with these meds.

I have concerns about side effects. Libido and weight gain in particular.

Anyone able to shed light on their experiences/ what to expect?

What is it for? Depression or Anxiety?

Lexapro is quite good for anxiety disorders. It has very few side affects (probably the best of the SSRIs in that regard).

As others have said, if you do experience side affects try to power through them for a week. They should largely go away in that time. If they don't you may need to try a different drug. Be patient and persistant. If the first one does not work, try another. There likely is something out there that you will tolerate.

As others have said...Nothing will work for a few weeks. Give it time...good mental health is worth it.

The meds are a small part of helping you get back on your feet but they are not the cure. I binned the meds off after the first dose as they fucked with my head and made the anxiety worse which i wasnt willing to go through again for another 4 weeks until my body balanced. Started going gym, playing 5 aside, City, meditating and throwing myself into the things i loved. Granted probably took longer to 'heal' but for me it was the best way through it. More importantly never suffeer alone. Chat it out with those you trust and they help you throught. Just found out that a good friend is going through the same stuff so Im there to help him having battled it for a couple of years. Best of luck with it.

This too is complete bullshit. If your mental illness is caused by a chemical imbalance, drugs are actually the fucking cure you twit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.