Anti Mancini Posters

We need a song for mancini to show our support, and that we are fully behind him.
Something a bit more inventive than roberto give us a wave i think

simon23 said:
scorer said:
Are all the posters who, for some exteremely perverse reason or another going to shut the F**k up and get behind the man now?

No matter how you look at it, from any angle, from any perspective, stats performane - you name it, the guy has proved he is worthy of a full season here to guide us to massive success?

Pleaae give the guy a break.

ill presume that is aimed at me (amongst others).

Watced the game yesterday and we played very well in the first half (forget second as the pitch was such a state that playing proper football was nigh on impossible...though i thought our players adapted pretty well)

tell me what you think of the barry viera combination in midfield yesterday and also in mind with the games we have coming up...do you think he will keep that combination or change it...do you think it worked well yesterday.

Im interested to see what you think scorer

I dont rely on stats...i judge by what i see with my eyes....i team can have 20% posession 1 shot on goal and still win 1-0 to a last min break away....stats dont always tell the whole truth of how a team is performing thorughout a match and arent always a true reflection...tehy do give a good guide line however

Ive never called for him to be replaced (infact ive done exactly the opposite and said he needs at least 2 seasons to see what he can do).....but Im not 100% convinced by his style of play

Oh and there is no perverse reason for this...just a plain and simple reason...i think we can be better than I have been watching up until recently

Vieira and Barry were magnificent together in first half, admittedly the opposition was wank, but it looked by a country mile the best pairing for the middle.

I expect they will be the first choice pairing between now and end of season.

simon23 said:
scorer said:
Are all the posters who, for some exteremely perverse reason or another going to shut the F**k up and get behind the man now?

No matter how you look at it, from any angle, from any perspective, stats performane - you name it, the guy has proved he is worthy of a full season here to guide us to massive success?

Watced the game yesterday and we played very well in the first half (forget second as the pitch was such a state that playing proper football was nigh on impossible...though i thought our players adapted pretty well)

tell me what you think of the barry viera combination in midfield yesterday and also in mind with the games we have coming up...do you think he will keep that combination or change it...do you think it worked well yesterday.

I dont rely on stats...i judge by what i see with my eyes....i team can have 20% posession 1 shot on goal and still win 1-0 to a last min break away....stats dont always tell the whole truth of how a team is performing thorughout a match and arent always a true reflection...tehy do give a good guide line however

Ive never called for him to be replaced (infact ive done exactly the opposite and said he needs at least 2 seasons to see what he can do).....but Im not 100% convinced by his style of play

Oh and there is no perverse reason for this...just a plain and simple reason...i think we can be better than I have been watching up until recently

Maybe you are watching too much Barca on tv.

Since Mancini has come in, at times I grant you we have been pragmatic. Not surprising as he had to weigh up the players while at the same time getting points.

Having said that it ïs an awfully long time since I saw a City team look so organized and I am not just talking about the defence. Football is not all about looking pretty. Apart from Arsenal other top teams in England often play ugly. Think Liverpool the last few years. Chelsea don-t always play scintillating stuff.

I can-t remember winning three away games in such quick succession. And yesterday we did it with a second string defence.

simon23 said:
scorer said:

Simon, no this was not aimed at any one person in particular (not even Billy Shears).

I think Mancini is doing an absolutely superb job right now and I am more and more impressed as we are going along.

Whilst stats can say anything you want them to say - the current perfomance figures of Mancini, had we been performing at that level for the whole season would IMO mean we would be mixing it with the three sides currently above us.

I agree Viera is no long term solution but he has come in and he has done a job for us- even if that is adding massive experience to the midfield (c an be invaluable you know). Barry I question, I dont thionk ne has played particularly brilliantly (like we know he can) but what he has done is add consistency to the midfield - putting in workmanlike performances - again something that adds value to the team effort. I dont expect this will be our formation next season but I do think it is the best combination we can currently muster and I admire Mancini for bringing Viera to the club.

robbieh said:
simon23 said:

Maybe you are watching too much Barca on tv.

Since Mancini has come in, at times I grant you we have been pragmatic. Not surprising as he had to weigh up the players while at the same time getting points.

Having said that it ïs an awfully long time since I saw a City team look so organized and I am not just talking about the defence. Football is not all about looking pretty. Apart from Arsenal other top teams in England often play ugly. Think Liverpool the last few years. Chelsea don-t always play scintillating stuff.

I can-t remember winning three away games in such quick succession. And yesterday we did it with a second string defence.
I can-t remember winning three away games in such quick succession
No one would expect YOU to remember,myopic in the extreme i'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.