Antoine Griezmann

I know - I am waiting for the Der Spiegel article on this one too

The only article we're likely to get from Der Spiegel is them coming out and saying Sane should join Bayern. Pretty sure everyone else in Germany has now.

After that it'll be Merkel.

I'm not sure if it's already been discussed here but can someone explain why Barca have included a €800m buy out clause in this deal? What's the point?

I'm not sure if it's already been discussed here but can someone explain why Barca have included a €800m buy out clause in this deal? What's the point?
In Spain, all contracts have to have a buy out clause. So this is basically them putting a ridiculous one in which is essentially, no buyout.

But what about this from the FIFA Regs on transfers:

It is only legitimate if you inform the parent club. See this. Proving it will be difficult.

"A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to appropriate sanction." I don't know when the player's contract was up, or when the alleged contact was made. I am not that interested because we are not a direct party, but I find it amusing that Mr Tebas, who was so critical of Manchester City, now has his hands full.

I think you’re right Marvin but I wasn’t attempting to address FIFA regs, I was responding to a poster who effectively said that agreeing a future contract wasn’t allowed in law. Whereas it is perfectly allowable in law and common practice in business.
The fact that it may be proven to breach club association rules is another matter and I agree with your position in that regard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.