Antonio Cassano

IlDivinCodino said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Because of the Adrian Mutu drug test failure, Fiorentina are expected to offer Sampdoria cash to purchase Cassano in the next 24 hrs. Football Italia.net.

The only way we should let this fly is if Cassano doesn't want to leave Italy, if Sampdoria are willing to sell there's no competition for funds between us and Fiorentina.
Yes but he has a fixed buy out price of around 20m euros and his wife is part of an Italian olympic sports team so it's unlikely that he'll come to England imo.

Hes a great player but a complete and utter lunatic. Could be a blessing in desguise TBH.

With him and Bellamy in the same dressing room.....could end up with one of them leaving on a stretcher - in a body bag.

alera said:
Hes a great player but a complete and utter lunatic. Could be a blessing in desguise TBH.

With him and Bellamy in the same dressing room.....could end up with one of them leaving on a stretcher - in a body bag.

It would certainly be interesting though. :) These guys remind me so much of eachother, they even look a bit alike, same size etc. It's like they've both got some kind of diagnosis as well, no offense. :) Both charismatic and likable, if they're on your team.

Tez Tosterone said:
Because of the Adrian Mutu drug test failure, Fiorentina are expected to offer Sampdoria cash to purchase Cassano in the next 24 hrs. Football Italia.net.

True.
But I hardly can see Cassano, when actually decided to move, to prefer Fiorentina to City, and more City managed by Mancini.

About the Cassano-Bellers coexistence, which is a sensible question, my opinion is:
- Bellamy had clearly proved, during the recent change at management, to be a professional footballer: as lovely raged on the pitch as well as wise, composed and wide-minder outside.
- Cassano has composed himself very much along last 2 years, being recent nerves largely due his disappointment at lippi's mafia, and I m pretty sure he would see a City opportunity as the last to state his class at the top.

MANCIO4EVER said:
Tez Tosterone said:

True.
But I hardly can see Cassano, when actually decided to move, to prefer Fiorentina to City, and more City managed by Mancini.

About the Cassano-Bellers coexistence, which is a sensible question, my opinion is:
- Bellamy had clearly proved, during the recent change at management, to be a professional footballer: as lovely raged on the pitch as well as wise, composed and wide-minder outside.
- Cassano has composed himself very much along last 2 years, being recent nerves largely due his disappointment at lippi's mafia, and I m pretty sure he would see a City opportunity as the last to state his class at the top.

Fiorentina? Champions League? Cmon now...provided Fiorentina haven't bought anyone else and registered them in the squad they can drop Mutu out and put Cassano in.

johnny crossan said:
The Fixer said:
Cassano is being left out of the squad again this weekend.

Calf injury? Or is it groin?

He was left out of the last match due to a technical decision.

My caveat regarding whether he wants to leave Italy, were with respect to his partner. Fiorentina couldn't offer half the wages we could though and I'm not certain they can afford the £20m buy out clause and may be looking to negotiate that downwards.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
True.

Fiorentina? Champions League? Cmon now...provided Fiorentina haven't bought anyone else and registered them in the squad they can drop Mutu out and put Cassano in.

I see yr. ponit, mate: it's a good one, indeed. However, let's go and see.
As told before, I have serious concerns about his will to move because of his fiance's need to stay involved in olimpic programs, but, honestly even if I wasn't a City fan I won't trade an opportunity at City with a Fiorentina's.

here the latest interview, just released today by Sampdoria Chairman, oil & gaz tycoon, Riccardo Garrone.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.primocanalesport.it/video.php?id=29830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.primocanalesport.it/video.php?id=29830</a>

briefly summarizing, the free translation:
we support delneri, who enjoys the full respect for the his technical action and choices.
hwever: cassano is a humongous patrimony of the club and must be handle with extreme care (as he is my personal toy!).
Should any bid be arised, it is to be clearly understood that it must be for a price far well higher than the clause (euro 20m): on this both the club and cassano have already agreed adamantly.
Since now no bid has been submitted. such kind of bids, on the opposite of talks are very difficult to be made quickly.
the market is closing in 2 days and I frankly do not consider this issue more than a chat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.