Any blues in Oxford?

I've seen someone wearing a City shirt in our village in South Oxon but never spoken to him. A friend and his son are Blues based in Eynsham. There are Rags everywhere. Not long after we first moved down here - 22 years ago - I spoke to a then director of Oxford United who bemoaned the fact that so many locals supported the wrong United.

I'm an Oxford based blue, if you live down Cowley Road then the City Arms is decent for footy (studenty but cheap beer) I live close to the city centre just behind the train station and normally watch games at mine as you get knob head United fans in the pubs who couldn't place OT on a map.

More than welcome to come a long at any point. There are very few places that show the 3pm games within the City Centre, and I think there's a South Oxford supporters club in Wallingford (near Abingdon) Let me know if you fancy a beer sometime, Oxford's alright nothing compared to home but has some decent traditional pubs very few showing footy though.

Cheers

Mike

Lived in Witney (about 10 miles west of Oxford) all my life. Season ticket holder so keep her indoors happy by watching aways at home if I don't go. Reliably informed the pubs in town exploded when Sergio scored so while there are plenty of plastics they are exactly that and personally I've never had any bother. Seems to be a few of us around - how about selecting a pub to descend on for a match? Charity Shield? And no that's not the name of a pub!

Sorry mate - what I meant is that while there are plenty of plastics rags they are greatly outnumbered by people who know about football. I'm exactly the same as you - born and bred Witney but followed the Blues cos of Dad for 36 years.<br /><br />-- Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm --<br /><br />Sorry mate - what I meant is that while there are plenty of plastics rags they are greatly outnumbered by people who know about football. I'm exactly the same as you - born and bred Witney but followed the Blues cos of Dad for 36 years.

My brother (not a blue) lives in Didcot (south Oxford) and watched the QPR game in a pub full of Rags and just three Blues. The blues (2 lads and a girl) were taking abuse all game until Sergio scored when they went mad with the girl turning round and giving it back to the brave Rags who all decided they didn't like football anymore.

I live in Banbury and it is also a fookin Rag fest and City fans are few and far between. It can defo be a lonely place for a City fan when watchin in a pub but I make sure I give them plenty back. Most are glory seeking tossers that have never stepped foot in Manchester in their lives.

I live in Steeple Aston-inbetween Oxford and Banbury. Loads of rags around here but the local - Red Lion in Deddington is great for Derby games as they set up a City and a Utd end.

There are quite a few Blues in and around the area (a couple in Charlbury, quarter of an hour on the train for example, but no pubs that show the football).

I'm just down the road in Reading which is pretty rag-heavy with lots of Chelski around too and a surprising number of West Ham on the train Saturday. But we do have some good pubs to watch! I'm also a member of M40 Blues who are a good bunch and cover a pretty wide area.

City Arms is probably as good a place to watch as any; I've watched a math in there as the only Blue in the place!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.