Any blues in Oxford?

I agree Charity Shield could be a good dry run for the season (or if we have some friendlies on the box like last year) City Arms, Wahoo (student place but loads of screens), Jericho Tavern.

The Blue Knight said:
I've just moved to Oxford about two weeks ago with my girlfriend, don't mind it too much but I've been unable to celebrate this week with any friends or family. Was wondering if there were any fellow blues in Oxford and if so where will you be watching the games next season?

It seems very rag heavy down here at the moment and I've received lots of verbal abuse in the street for wearing my Mercer jacket round town (some banter, some nasty), feeling like a fish out of water at the minute. I have to laugh though every time I pass HMV in the city centre though, they sell three football shirts, Arsenal, Chelsea and The '99 Rag Champs league shirt (I know 'kin unbelievable.)

So if there are any other ex-manctriots down here give us a shout.

Don't worry blue. Now we are champions it will be full of 'blues'.

When I was in Oxford, there were a few local lads who were City Season ticket holders, but in the main it was Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and some Oxford?? etc..

As for muppets in utd tops giving you grief, I never had any. Although at the first sign of any mither I'd give them what for, in my best Mostonian vocabulary and they soon backed down.

Greeting......I live in Headington in Oxford....Would be good to link up with fellow blues......Been supporting for 45 years now...can't wait for next season...get in touch on here then we can arrange to link up

There is a very well organised City supporters branch which hold monthly meetings in Winchester (not that far away). They are called the A34 Supporters Branch, and their site is at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.a34mcfc.co.uk/a34/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.a34mcfc.co.uk/a34/home.html</a>.

They go to all home and away games. I know they all go up to the games via the A34, so you could get in touch regarding a lift if you wanted to.

Hello mate I live in the Headington area of Oxford also just drop us pm and I'll meet up with you and have a chat about the mighty blues over a couple pints?! I know the City arms well drink in there some fridays

Born and bred in Abingdon 6 miles from Oxford and a City fan for 43 years. Theres a few of us in town and i work with two at the Royal Mail delivery office, one of the lads not a City fan was on trial at Maine rd till he had a knee injury. Usually watch my games in Midget which is about 400 yards from my house and what a day when we won the league. One bar for the rags , myself and a few City in the other bar but when that goal went in it seemed like the whole place was full of Sky blues. The White Horse on Ock street Abingdon is run by City fan , shirts and flags behind the bar for the game. Would be great next season to watch a big game with a pub full of City, hope it can happen.

Quality, well there's quite a few more than I was expecting. I think a blue HQ should be established when we get closer to the start of the season, I'm gonna check out those supporters clubs too so thanks for those. Away games in London are gonna be a lot more affordable to get to.

Well if you see me around the city centre in my City shirt, City jacket, City scarf, City jock strap, feel free to throw me a Championees high five (or handshake if your not into that american shit).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.