Any chance of Tevez reconciliation?

No. It would undermine Mancini. Tevez's refusal to play is apparently unprecedented in football. So, the club has to share the same absolute conviction as Mancini in making sure that he's not only "finished" at the club but is made to face the sanctions and fines Fifa have said he will face if proven guilty. Yes, we have lost a great player but what he did was unforgivable. If we start allowing players to hold the club to ransom then all that has been built so far will collapse under the weight of the almighty weight of egos it is already carrying under strain. Hate to use Fergie as an example but what do you think he would have done? Exactly and so should we. It is time enough already that players are made to understand that not one of them is bigger than the club they are paid to serve.

I don't care what he does or what he intends to do. I just want him gone.

Mancini is more important than Carlos Tevez and we have better players than him anyway. If Aguero doesn't particularly care then there's no cause for concern and should be no hesitation in selling him to the highest bidder.

TBooksbluearmy said:
There is only 1 way that I might forgive Carlos Tevez. That will be that in the next home game with 5mins to kick off Carlos comes out into the centr circle and publicly apologises for whar he has done. I do not mean reading from a sheet of paper which is in front of him, by speaking openly and from the heart and with sincerity then maybe I might forgive him.
He only knows "no" and "why", so that might be difficult!

Absolutely not. Posted elsewhere I would have serious difficulty watching any future City side with Tevez in it.

Great points -

The media backlash against us, Bobby having said no, the setting of precedent etc etc
But I'm talking about "real" contrition here - at publicly showing of humility and regret.

Roberto is a decent man with strong values - he'll know whether it's genuine or not. He wouldn't look undermined if the remorse and contrition was on a level never seen before.

Yes in the sense that all parties come to an agreement about the way forward and apologies are issued etc, etc but the way forward will not include playing for City again.

Its not even about Mancini but the club itself is well aware that there is simply no value in having Tevez at the club. When someone keeps shitting on you there comes a point when you say enough is enough and part ways.

This is the end game. Play it out and move on.

TBooksbluearmy said:
There is only 1 way that I might forgive Carlos Tevez. That will be that in the next home game with 5mins to kick off Carlos comes out into the centr circle and publicly apologises for whar he has done. I do not mean reading from a sheet of paper which is in front of him, by speaking openly and from the heart and with sincerity then maybe I might forgive him.

Or sticks his head between his legs and kisses his own arse

The first thing I'm going to do on FIFA 12 is sell Carlos Tevez. That is the first job I will complete as manager.

Longsight-memories said:
Could be possible..

if a player like tevez was on the market city would want to buy him..

No we wouldn't. We are now beyond the point where we were with Hughesless. We were desperate to get in any half decent footballer, regardless of mental health issues. Thus Robino, Ade, Bellers as well as Carlos all arrived through the now revolving door. I would imagine that now alot more due diligance is done on a player's psychological profile.

I would imagine the likes of Neymar are not on our shopping list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.