Any Chilean or Spaniards on here? Question on the term "La Roja"

I think Spain has a reputation for simply taking everything during its occupation of South America. Little attempt to leave a form of Government just take gold etc..
The fact that England pirated a good deal of this treasure before it got to Spain puts any arrempt to take the moral high ground into perspective.
Not really, the Spanish stole the gold, anything after that is fair do's. If I rob a bank and someone then stole the money from me I can't really complain and the bloke that is now a lot richer ain't arsed about any high ground, unless he wants to build a house with a sea view that is

I'm going to take your advice.
I wish more would, some don't even listen when I say Neville is a two faced turd but if you get the chance try Ribera. I was in Seville where a small independent place decided to teach me about Spanish wine. It was a wonderful education

Not really, the Spanish stole the gold, anything after that is fair do's. If I rob a bank and someone then stole the money from me I can't really complain and the bloke that is now a lot richer ain't arsed about any high ground, unless he wants to build a house with a sea view that is
Sorry mate, just my amateurish attempt to say why South American countries generally have very little to thank Spain for.
Apologies if it likened the English confiscation of Spanish spoils as a similar operation.

Probably it was more like Gorden Browns theft from our Pension Funds several years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.