ANY City coach selling Ireland loses my support!

skybluekings said:
Ireland, our player of the season last year and by far one of the most talented footballers on our team.
Probably the only real creative player on our squad, but one who the new coach just can't find a way to make him effective in the new squad.

Ireland for me is pure class and 100% City through and through. Same for Onuoha, whose situation I too can't understand as to WHY is Boyata preferred to him? Ned did his time in waiting for his chance...now a 19yr old Academy player is taking his potential playing time.

Ireland just cannot leave City. NO WAY.

I do know that its paper talk and I don't believe the rumors one bit.
But since its and issue (being in today's paper), the thought of Ireland leaving City will make me turn on the City coach and management in a flash.

No man is bigger than the team, but Ireland is City "family" and there's NO WAY I would support any coach who sells him.

This is the problem caused by changing the manager every year! Mancini can only pick from what he sees in training and from the few games he has had in charge!

I think you play Ireland in his favoured position or not at all. He is ineffective right side or as a conventional centre mid.

Either Ireland isnt good enough to adapt his game or his game has matured yet for him to do this.
My point is, if Mancini cant see what his favoured position is and plays him there, is there any point in keeping him?

Hopefully Ireland has realised that with Mancini bringing in Vieira and attempting to sign both Gago and Mariga, the boss sees midfield as an area that needs serious improvement. Stevie has been nowwhere near the level he was last season and effectively has until the end of the season to prove himself to Roberto. I wouldn't sell him either but he needs to drasticly improve, as does Gareth Barry. We can't afford passengers, as Elano found out last year.

Ireland is a brilliant player. As it happens i think he's more suited to European football than the league, but he's still by far our most creative midfielder. He's been quiet this season, but is talent is unquestionable, and with his style of play, still has 10-12 good years in him (if he wants it), his best is still ahead of him.

I think any reports of him moving on are pure shit stirring, but i would be extremely dissapointed if he left.

some of you empty heads make me laugh,nedum and ireland are both not good enough if we have aspirations for the top four,they wouldnt get near chelsea or niteds side,lets see if they are both here in 18months time?

If Ireland is sold I will personally bum rape him and drive him back to Carrington, then bum rape Mancini.

Best academy product we've had in YEARS. Before SWP.

tonytowers said:
some of you empty heads make me laugh,nedum and ireland are both not good enough if we have aspirations for the top four,they wouldnt get near chelsea or niteds side,lets see if they are both here in 18months time?
clarkie alert

For me, its not because he's turned crap overnight, our system and midfield aint bringing the best out of him. Ireland benefited so much last season in a 4-3-3, which got the best out of him, because there were options everywhere, there was Wright-Phillips to the right, Robinho on the left, Kompany and De Jong winning the ball in defensive roles, and because of that he could make late runs into the box, it suited him perfectly. Players are only as good as the formation they play in. I remember reading a good article, explaining how Messi was so good for Barcelona, yet for Argentina he was mainly ineffective. Barcelona's formation and system got the best out of him, Argentina's didn't. For me Ireland is a key part of our team, and I feel we should build the team around him. Ireland is a complete central midfield player, he has great energy, he can pass, tackle (a part of his game that is so underated), and he can shoot.

For Tuesday, I wouldn't mind seeing this:

----------------Vieira-----Ireland-------------------
SWP----------------------------------------Johnson-

I feel he can play in a 4-4-2. In some ways it might suit him better than in a 4-3-3, because of his willingness to track back. With Wright-Phillips, and either Johnson or Petrov in there, he's not short of options, and can get them on the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.