any decent christmas markets? not manchester!

Nuremberg is pretty good - I went there on Sunday morning and stopped over and came back yesterday afternoon.

It's a huge market - well 2 actually as there's a kids market too

There's also stalls from around the world too

The food is great and the Punsch of course

Highly recommended and it's a nice place too

I also bought my girlfriends Christmas present in a store while I was there (a place called Saturn, a bit like Dixon's) I bought her a Canon SLR camera etc. and it was £200 cheaper than here in Prague

goatinho said:
got family coming up to manchester over christmas but want to avoid the over rated christmas markets in town but does anyone know any others not too far away?
or i nice little town to go? we went to haworth the other year and that was quite good.

They call them Christmas Markets, but aren't they all shut down and packed away for another year the weekend before Christmas??

MCFCTrick said:
Let's have it right, ALL the Christmas markets are shite.....they are just full of overpriced tatt, that most of us wouldn't look twice at in a shop.

And full of the people who wouldn't be seen dead on a regular market. (Unless it was that 'lovely rustic one we found in Provence/Tuscany/wherever''....

As for the food and drink, it may be half way decent, but the price again is ridiculous.

Not that even if you stump up for it you can eat it or drink it, without some dickhead who thought taking a double buggy in there was a good idea mashing yer ankles. Bollocks to that..... I'm out.

V. Meldrew

I did a run through St Anne's square with a buggy and my partially sighted mum and 6 year old...only got as far as 3rd stall when I had to call thunderbirds to get us all out...really enjoyed it though and you should be grateful over there as this year with the ever greater push for even more austerity, our local town in Portugal has three coat hangers tied together with some flashing lights on them in the main square...grim, very grim :-(

Chester is not a bad visit this time of year , they usually have carol singers and a market in the main square . In a nicer setting than M/cr went on the Saturday before xmas last year , expensive as it is its a lot better than going to town . Same tat more authentic setting

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Chester is not a bad visit this time of year , they usually have carol singers and a market in the main square . In a nicer setting than M/cr went on the Saturday before xmas last year , expensive as it is its a lot better than going to town . Same tat more authentic setting

They are Chistmas markets how can Chester be a more authentic setting than Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.