any decent christmas markets? not manchester!

bluetonium said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
bluetonium said:
We used to do Shrewsbury every December, there's a stall that does excellent home made mulled cider. Smaller than most markets, but a bit more quaint. Plus you still have you high street shops too. Take you about an hour and a half from Manchester, go down the A49 though rather than the M6, if you can, much quieter.

goodcall . Went there years ago when working on the edge of town , lovely setting , great produce , we called into the farmshops in the region on the way back .

They also have a motorbike parade through the streets in December, great sight to see and hear.

Oh well... just checked and both were last weekend.
so its finished?

Citizen52 said:
citykev28 said:
Lincoln's Christmas market is supposed to be really nice. My missus has wanted to go for the last 12 years. If you try it, let me know if it's decent.

I was there for 3 years, it's a really popular market that, people travel from afar.
Overcrowded, one way system has now been put in place, 80% of it is overpriced foodstalls but in it's defence it has a nice setting. Only held for one weekend at the beginning of December. Been twice, didn't enjoy it either time.

I've just come in from the Manchester Markets and enjoyed them like I do every year. £4 a pint isn't much dearer than most places in town and everyone on them is in a christmas mood. I love them TBH just don't buy any of the over priced tat.

My dads girlfriend is off to town tonight to them markets. Told her she was crackers going in this weather

Mrs Laser and I went to the Manchester markets today. She loves them and is not long back from a girly weekend to the Prague markets. The weather was a bit of a ball ache but there were plenty of people about. We had a very good mug of gluwein and some food on the hoof and avoided buying any overpriced tat. Amid all the continental food emporia was a pick n mix stall. Sweets you can buy anywhere at a Christmas market? Not sure about that one.

Macclesfield Treacle market

This Sunday 10 - 3

Town centre

Cracking market. Nominated as one of the best food markets in the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.