Any electricians/alarm technicians on here?

Hi mate, just a few things to try,
Are you sure the power to the alarm is back on?
Why did you have to switch off the kids bedroom circuit if it was the washing machine that was faulty?
If the alarm is on the same circuit as the kids bedroom, my guess the alarm box is near the bedroom, have you tried the loft?
There are some strange electrical configurations sometimes. My house has the lighting on two circuits - downstairs and upstairs. The power outlets are also on two circuits but have been done as east (both floors) and west (both floors).

The panel is gonna be somewhere accessible, they don’t put them in awkward places in case they have to work on them, normally close to your fuse box

Thanks mate. The power to the alarm is off at the moment - as soon as it goes back on it triggers the alarm.

The washing machine tripped the electricity for the whole house, and as soon as we switched it back on the alarm went off. We just switched off the kids bedroom circuit to stop the alarm.
Sorry mate fell asleep, have you tried switching the power back on and then putting the code into the alarm, it could be that having no power at the alarm is triggering it to alarm mode.
The box must be near either the fuseboard or the kids bedroom somewhere. Have you asked your butler if he knows where it is?.
Thing is even if you find the box and disconnect the battery, the outside alarm box will have its own battery inside it and will ring until that runs out, again maybe you could get jeeves to shimmy up and take the battery out of the alarm box?

There are some strange electrical configurations sometimes. My house has the lighting on two circuits - downstairs and upstairs. The power outlets are also on two circuits but have been done as east (both floors) and west (both floors).
East wing, west wing you say? This "house" of yours dosent happen to have bars on the windows does it;-)

@Ric, have you looked beneath all the unused coats below the stairs ?
When I got back into my house after 10 years away I couldn't remember alarm code, searched high and low to no avail, decided to fit another box, total pain in the arse, inside looked like spaghetti junction, eventually got it up an running only to find copy of missing code stuck in a cranny beside the box, definitely a ' bugger' moment.
Daughter-in law had same issue as you a couple of weeks ago, it can be reset.
On another note, if your alarm triggers for no obvious reason or alarm does not go off when you open front of elusive box, it'll be the battery, looking at about £11/£12 Toolstation or Screwfix.
Mate of mine had same problem recently and was quoted £100 plus for a service, never heard such, service for a house alarm ! Trip to Toolstation, problem solved.

@Ric, have you looked beneath all the unused coats below the stairs ?
When I got back into my house after 10 years away I couldn't remember alarm code, searched high and low to no avail, decided to fit another box, total pain in the arse, inside looked like spaghetti junction, eventually got it up an running only to find copy of missing code stuck in a cranny beside the box, definitely a ' bugger' moment.
Daughter-in law had same issue as you a couple of weeks ago, it can be reset.
On another note, if your alarm triggers for no obvious reason or alarm does not go off when you open front of elusive box, it'll be the battery, looking at about £11/£12 Toolstation or Screwfix.
Mate of mine had same problem recently and was quoted £100 plus for a service, never heard such, service for a house alarm ! Trip to Toolstation, problem solved.
Ten years :) Is the code 1234 or is that the coordinates where the cash is buried?

I would also definitely say a new battery needed as it will think it is being tampered with and that's why you cannot key in the code. That's what mine was when I had same problem. Finding the control box is key!

I pay £60 per year to get mine checked and had most of it renewed over the years.

Thanks for all the advice. Finally found it, underneath the fucking floorboards in my daughter's bedroom. God knows why they put it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.