Any Grief in Town afterwards.... ?

Tbilisi said:
BezzMCFC said:
cheddar404 said:
One of my earliest memories is of blues fighting with each other at Old Trafford. Around 1986. Norman Whiteside scored and we lost 1-0 I think. It's nothing new anyway.

you will find 90% of the time its drunk mates arguing and are usually fine later on.

I dont know of any other club that has this where they kick the crap out of each other.

Remember the play off with 2 guys knocking shit out of each other at 2 - 0,5 minutes later I thought they were planning to start a family together!
Couple of memories of this, one funny, one pathetic.
On the kippax when it was standing, 2 blokes started on each other then before you know it they're both rolling down the steps, adjusting themselves to carry on rolling if they hit one of the blue barriers. It was over something ridiculous if I remember right, and I mean really ridiculous like the then new kit being shit or something like that! We all used to stand in the same spot each match then, and as expected they were like brothers again the next game. It was just bizarre watching them roll down the steps like that, helping each other avoid the barriers, the mad bastards!
The last game at Maine Road we all descended on the Clarence like we did every last game of the season. It was fucking hammered, and I mean hammered. After an hour or 2 it was getting too rowdy, buses getting done in, nob heads launching bottles into crowds of other blues, (which I just couldn't get my fucking head round), and generally being arse holes the lot of them. This one guy had a megaphone and he was doing siren noises out of it to move people out of the way so the buses being pelted could have a chance at moving on. 'Who the fuckin ell are you' started to get louder and louder until the guy with a megaphone, (out to have some harmless fun), was basically bullied into moving away from the pub completely. He was pelted with bottles, all of which missed him and one of which hit an innocent bystander. It was fucking ridiculous and actually made my dad stop going for a pint after the game.

Pigeonho said:
Tbilisi said:
BezzMCFC said:
you will find 90% of the time its drunk mates arguing and are usually fine later on.

I dont know of any other club that has this where they kick the crap out of each other.

Remember the play off with 2 guys knocking shit out of each other at 2 - 0,5 minutes later I thought they were planning to start a family together!
On the kippax when it was standing, 2 blokes started on each other then before you know it they're both rolling down the steps, adjusting themselves to carry on rolling if they hit one of the blue barriers. It was over something ridiculous if I remember right, and I mean really ridiculous like the then new kit being shit or something like that! We all used to stand in the same spot each match then, and as expected they were like brothers again the next game. It was just bizarre watching them roll down the steps like that, helping each other avoid the barriers, the mad bastards!
The last game at Maine Road we all descended on the Clarence like we did every last game of the season. It was fucking hammered, and I mean hammered. After an hour or 2 it was getting too rowdy, buses getting done in, nob heads launching bottles into crowds of other blues, (which I just couldn't get my fucking head round), and generally being arse holes the lot of them. This one guy had a megaphone and he was doing siren noises out of it to move people out of the way so the buses being pelted could have a chance at moving on. 'Who the fuckin ell are you' started to get louder and louder until the guy with a megaphone, (out to have some harmless fun), was basically bullied into moving away from the pub completely. He was pelted with bottles, all of which missed him and one of which hit an innocent bystander. It was fucking ridiculous and actually made my dad stop going for a pint after the game.

They call the second one mob mentality mate

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
Tbilisi said:

They call the second one nob mentality mate

edited.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
Tbilisi said:

They call the second one mob mentality mate
I felt proper sorry for the guy as he was the 'nice guy', the 'joker' just arsing around. He got a laugh at first but then it just turned as soon as he started to try and clear way or the buses, (which he had no chance of doing anyway). A bottle missed my dads head by inches, literally, which is what made him stop going. The best of it was though that the clowns doing it were doing the typical act of running behind the pub after they'd launched their bottle. A sad end to what was, (apart from the score and weather), a superb day.

course other clubs have infighting ...... its happened a few times between them trafford lot ... cockney reds and the salford/manchester lot have fell out a few times

Didsbury Dave said:
Tbilisi said:

Probably becuase you don't attend matches at any other club.

As a Denton lad I moved to Sheffield at the age of 8 and because I couldnt afford to go City every week would go to watch Sheff U & Wed.In later life I went when City werent playing to watch Leeds with Sheffield Whites.I lived in Liverpool in the early 80s and went to loads of their midweek games with mates & never saw what I saw at City.The 70s on the Kippas it was always kicking off.

BezzMCFC said:
Bluebird1 said:
ob said:
what area do I need to stay away from - as I'm not involved

Can he tell me that as well please because my friend and I have no choice but to go down Grey Mare Lane to get to her car. Fortunately we got there before the dickheads started throwing things as I'm pretty sure the bricks wouldn't know not to hit me.

Also, at a couple of away games recently I have seen city fans arguing and squaring up to each other inside the stadiums, Sunderland inside the concourse after the game being one of them. Wtf, we're supposed to support the same team?!
i'm guessing you didnt go when we were shit?

Tbh, I'm probably a lot older than you so yes I went when we were very shit and I don't want to go back to those days.

Bluebird1 said:
BezzMCFC said:

Can he tell me that as well please because my friend and I have no choice but to go down Grey Mare Lane to get to her car. Fortunately we got there before the dickheads started throwing things as I'm pretty sure the bricks wouldn't know not to hit me.

Also, at a couple of away games recently I have seen city fans arguing and squaring up to each other inside the stadiums, Sunderland inside the concourse after the game being one of them. Wtf, we're supposed to support the same team?!
i'm guessing you didnt go when we were shit?

Tbh, I'm probably a lot older than you so yes I went when we were very shit and I don't want to go back to those days.

probly im only 23 :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.