Any Long-Distance Season Ticket Holders?

Me and my lad managed to get to all the weekend home games this season except Portsmouth. Just under 500 miles round trip for us, got bored with the driving this year though and started taking the train which is both cheaper with rail card and a lot more fun. Met loads of Blues on the way and the lad lets me listen to his ipod when nothing else is happening. Great to see there are bigger lunatics on here than us though!

I moved from Manchester 10 years ago and since then its been a 250 mile round trip for me. I thought it was a lot, but compared to others on here its fuck all.

stirlingblue said:
Me and my lad managed to get to all the weekend home games this season except Portsmouth. Just under 500 miles round trip for us, got bored with the driving this year though and started taking the train which is both cheaper with rail card and a lot more fun. Met loads of Blues on the way and the lad lets me listen to his ipod when nothing else is happening. Great to see there are bigger lunatics on here than us though!

WOW. That is one tremendous effort, take a bow! Imagine the miles you clock up each season!

I travel back from Saudi as often as possible, still kept my season ticket, and will renew again this season, and will make some of the away Europa games as well.

Dog

CTID

I used to have a SC when I lived in The Hague - That was a longish journey. I live in Malaysia now so the 16 hour flight is not so easy! Booked a ticket for the cup final though - bloody rags.

I've done 2 home games this season (poor i know) but thats a 550 mile round trip for me, leave at 4 in the morning, and get back at around 1 on the sunday morning. If i earned more money (office junior!!) i'd be up every weekend, bloody trains are extortianate though, £130 return for me, and thats the cheapest!!

blue moony said:
I have a season ticket an I live in Kent... Due to
my parents moving down here from
Manchester when I was born...

Get the 4 hr train journey each way to every
home game.. Even week nights I stay over...

Spend hundreds if quid on travelling but would rather
spend it watching city than any thing else....

Where abouts in Kent, Blue Moony?

I live near Tonbdridge, Kent and get the train at weekends or drive 500 mile round trip for week nights. And I wouldn't change it for the world!

I tip my hat to the guys coming from Dubai, Ireland, Saudi etc!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.