Any matches or moments that stand out besides the obvious?

royle said:
roman totale said:
BIBC said:
Strange one but when a few of my red mates (acquaintances) were laughing at the 3-3 draw with Snlnd I said it could be a massive point at the end of the season ............

First game that came to my mind when I saw the thread title. 'Old' City would never have got that point.

Or the point at Stoke with Yayas long range effort,i remember on here afterwards plenty of people calling for mancinis head after that result,even though none of the other top teams had won there.

Good shout, another game that the reds were mouthing off about .... Haha you drew 1-1, 2 points dropped ... How did United get on at Stoke mate? .... Err dunno .... you drew 1-1 pal.

Have to say Bayern away to be honest. We were finally mixing it with the big boys, in one of Europes finest stadiums and although the night will be remembered as Tevez-gate or what have you and how we weren't/aren't quite ready to be up there yet, I won't forget how buzzing the feeling was seeing Bayern Munchen v Manchester City F.C on the screen.

The team selection and the Tevez job obviously means the negatives outweigh the positives, but that was another huge night for MCFC.

Bayern away now doesn't seem as daunting after yesterday...to me at least. We HAVE arrived at the party. Chances are too that the winner of this years Champions League will in fact be Bayern Munich anyhow.

Tottenham away. i was still not convinced about our championship woes at that moment and thought a draw would be a decent result, but god did the boys get me a pleasant surprise! since that exact day i felt that nothing short of the title would be acceptable.

whothefisAlice said:
Have to say Bayern away to be honest. We were finally mixing it with the big boys, in one of Europes finest stadiums and although the night will be remembered as Tevez-gate or what have you and how we weren't/aren't quite ready to be up there yet, I won't forget how buzzing the feeling was seeing Bayern Munchen v Manchester City F.C on the screen.

The team selection and the Tevez job obviously means the negatives outweigh the positives, but that was another huge night for MCFC.

Bayern away now doesn't seem as daunting after yesterday...to me at least. We HAVE arrived at the party. Chances are too that the winner of this years Champions League will in fact be Bayern Munich anyhow.

Chelsea was the first team to inflict our Premier League defeat as well.

a.woollam said:
I really enjoyed the QPR away fixture

Old school ground right in the houses
Top fans
Exciting match
City win

Oh and Sporting away
First European away, went with my dad and brother
Shame about the performance

BIBC said:
Strange one but when a few of my red mates (acquaintances) were laughing at the 3-3 draw with Snlnd I said it could be a massive point at the end of the season ............
Fair play to you for calling that! At the pub with the City supporters club in my home town one guy said "that point could win us the title". I remember thinking "you're kidding yourself" - how wrong I was!

Speaking of massive points, Liverpool away when Hart played a blinder stands out to me. Same with the Arsenal home win. Those were points we so easily could not have had were our keeper not so brilliant (there were plenty of other games like that too).

United's home loss to Blackburn also stands out as a massive moment but I assume we're talking City's season here!

aussie blake said:
BIBC said:
Fair play to you for calling that! At the pub with the City supporters club in my home town one guy said "that point could win us the title". I remember thinking "you're kidding yourself" - how wrong I was!

Speaking of massive points, Liverpool away when Hart played a blinder stands out to me. Same with the Arsenal home win. Those were points we so easily could not have had were our keeper not so brilliant (there were plenty of other games like that too).

United's home loss to Blackburn also stands out as a massive moment but I assume we're talking City's season here!

Haha I wouldn't say I called it .... it was more a case of shutting him up with his "that's why we're champions" stuff....... must admit I'm looking forward to using that phrase myself next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.