Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

I was actually a fan of Bellamy not a person I thought he was a bellend buy have everything in the pitch so could never fault his effort personally.
As for Shay Given I thought he was absolutely shit could never see the hype around him bang average keeper. He obviously looked good at Newcastle because he had to make numerous saves week in week out even at that he would concede 4 or 5 and still get man of the match because Newcastle got battered most weeks.
The amount of times he was stuck to his line and never come off it, His kicking was dreadful too.
We lost three derbies in the last minute during that 09-10 season because he was either too slow to move off his line for the ball (Rooney header) or too slow to react to a developing situation (Owen goal, Scholes header).

Got to say, never saw the Kelechi hype either. It was like he was our great hope.
Good shout. I do love him and I am happy he's found a home at Leicester. I'll always look out for him. But he absolutely needed to go.

He started off really brightly and deservedly became a cult hero but he got worse and worse every time he played. It felt like he never settled into a position or a role. He was absolutely a poacher who knew exactly when to time his runs into the box, but Pellegrini (and even Kelechi himself) seemed to fancy him as a deeper player who could link things up. He never had that skillset and he slowly lost any kind of identity or place in the side. He was so low on confidence by Christmas 2016 and a shadow of who he'd been the season before.

Still, he scored a winning goal in a derby, so fair play to him.

There have been quite a few I haven’t rated but the question is about players that most people do rate, so I’m going to say Kolarov.

Imo, he was one of the worst full backs I have seen at City (and there have been some dogs !). Terrible tackler, always out of position and always far too eager to get upfield and far too lazy to get back when he gave the ball away - which he did a lot. Scored the occasional worldy and once in a bluemoon put in a decent cross which made everyone think he was a genius. He wasn’t. Our centre backs struggled every time he played. It can’t be a coincidence.

I had Dickov in mind too. However I don't actually hate him, I just think he was a poor player.
Had he done his job in 1997-98 we might not have gone down to the third tier and had he done his job in 1998-99 we might have finished in the top two and not had to face the play-offs.
I believe our three lowest ever league finished were 96-97, 97-98 and 98-99. A good place to look for poor and overrated players.
The thread is not about hating....it's not rating players others do/did.
Most posts name players that most didn't rate!!

Rosler & Goater ......scored goals but totally gash footballers,no better than national league standard.

Dickov......absolutely shite player, just scored one of the most important goals ever.

I get what you are saying - and agree, but I really liked Robinho, class player and brought some great football to us, also the game against arse just wow! But with that said he obviously didn't seem to know anything about City before he joined us !!
Your right , i was caught up in the fervour of Robinho playing for us , a world class player at our club was a dream but it only lasted about six months , he provided some nice memories but in hindsight it was a staetment signing by the club which served ts purpose.

The thread is not about hating....it's not rating players others do/did.
Most posts name players that most didn't rate!!

Rosler & Goater ......scored goals but totally gash footballers,no better than national league standard.

Dickov......absolutely shite player, just scored one of the most important goals ever.

I've always believed that he scored THE most important goal in our history. I very much doubt that we'd be anywhere near our current level if Dicko had missed.

Robinho, started off like a world class signing, great in home matches, average in away games then just mediocre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.