Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Cancelo for me too.
Was rolling around on the ground yesterday like he'd been harpooned by a Japanese whale hunter. I don't like the way he "tackles" and just seems to be missing when the opposition is on the attack.
The most punchable face in the current team.
Gundogan told him to fuck off after that feigning injury incident the other night.

I don’t think Daniel Van Buyten was quite the combination of Bobby Moore, Franco Baresi and Franz Beckenbauer that would have led us to multiple trophies like some believe.

He only played half a dozen times and was stroppy for most of it.
I agree! Didn’t one of his teammates of the time recently say in a video that he wasn’t all that as well?

To be fair Kompany’s form purely from a defensive perspective nosedived after Mancini left, to a point where Demichelis became our most reliable defender for about 18 months til his legs went. He never looked like he belonged at Champions League level either.

He primarily made a name for himself ragdolling Rooney in the derbies and a few iconic goals, but he his peak here came as part of a system that also made Lescott look like a top 4 defender. Dias and Stones last year reached levels I’ve never seen from City central defenders, as reflected in the fact they were probably the catalysts for us reaching our first CL final.
Wow.

To be fair Kompany’s form purely from a defensive perspective nosedived after Mancini left, to a point where Demichelis became our most reliable defender for about 18 months til his legs went. He never looked like he belonged at Champions League level either.

He primarily made a name for himself ragdolling Rooney in the derbies and a few iconic goals, but he his peak here came as part of a system that also made Lescott look like a top 4 defender. Dias and Stones last year reached levels I’ve never seen from City central defenders, as reflected in the fact they were probably the catalysts for us reaching our first CL final.
This is quite possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this forum. Vincent Kompany was a brilliant tackler, marker, passer, organiser, leader, footballer. I am old, and for me he is in the top 3 City centre backs in my lifetime (going since 1965) along with Ruben Dias and Dave Watson. To say he didn’t even belong at CL level makes you the most foolish of clowns; either that or a particularly pathetic wind up. I have had to walk away from your post and come back to it an hour later to make sure it was real and not a surreal dream

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this forum. Vincent Kompany was a brilliant tackler, marker, passer, organiser, leader, footballer. I am old, and for me he is in the top 3 City centre backs in my lifetime (going since 1965) along with Ruben Dias and Dave Watson. To say he didn’t even belong at CL level makes you the most foolish of clowns; either that or a particularly pathetic wind up. I have had to walk away from your post and come back to it an hour later to make sure it was real and not a surreal dream
No point getting upset. If people think like that about a player they think like that about a player. I know thought policing is all the rage these days, but I think this thread has been a cathartic exercise.

No point getting upset. If people think like that about a player they think like that about a player. I know thought policing is all the rage these days, but I think this thread has been a cathartic exercise.
In the beginning of the thread I thought this is daft everyone has a different opinion or we would all be Zombies. Then I got mad when someone said Dunnie, then VK.... Now I just think it is one of the most hilarious threads ever. :-)

EDIT: I was going to say YaYa can you imagine the uproar if I had? ;-)

Forgot about Biggins.never took to him. I think mainly cos he kept Paul Moulden out of the team .
Really liked Paul Moulden, definitely thought he was good enough for division 1, he wasn't the biggest or fastest but he was decent up front and could play the ball.

Buster Phillips. Obviously not everybody rated him, but Alan Ball reckoned he was going to be a world beater. And,
Terry Cooke, if it hadn’t been for the fact he came from the rags and that was fun to sing about, he was pretty lightweight.

David white.

there is no point running down the wing like a greyhound if at the end of your sprint you cross the ball into the top corner of the north stand ( again )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.