Any positive fans left?

some like him some hate him, but for everyone telling us to get a grip what happens when we put in our current performances in against chelsea, spuds, villa, arse and the rags? to be fair knowing city we'll beat chelsea and we'll get another false dawn like hughes did. but these performances are dire and it sickens me to see people earn in a week what would take us years and them not give a fuck about the shirt they are palying for. some of the players are either mercenaries or don't like mancini, either way i think that will count us out of 4th spot and that does'nt even take into consideration the negative tactics we are employing here. when mancini has played the same calibre of teams that hughes had (and i was'nt really a hughes fan) then we'll see if things are still rosy.

can't blame people for calling it how they see it and we have seen some baffling performances and decisions this season

Our biggest mistake was not sacking Hughes at the end of last season (finishing 10th) and giving his replacement the opportunity to buy during the summer window, when more quality players would have been available. Our second biggest mistake was not giving Mancini at least 75million to spend during the January transfer window. Many of our current squad are simply not good enough.

lionheart said:
Our biggest mistake was not sacking Hughes at the end of last season (finishing 10th) and giving his replacement the opportunity to buy during the summer window, when more quality players would have been available. Our second biggest mistake was not giving Mancini at least 75million to spend during the January transfer window. Many of our current squad are simply not good enough.

I agree with this.
I still find it shocking a man with unlimited funds spent
12m on Barry
15m on Toure
25m on Ade (wroth it on his day, but anyone who has seen more than youtube highlights of him knows he blows hot and cold)
22m on Lescott-England's fourth choice CB
10m on Bridge
Tevez-admittedly looks a good signing

I just don't think there are many, if any, world class players in this squad. But given their wages and the cost it took to acquire them, it's quite odd that. And not only that, all of the new additions last January and over the summer had Prem experience to theoretically cut down on both settling in time and to help avoids nights last night. Neither really panned out. All of the signings were also in their mid/late 20s, meaning they're theoretically at or near their peak. In spite of what is said on here, I think this team plays to about the sum of its part, minus one or two (Ireland and Ade particularly).

well, just had a sleep on it, still down this morning like im sure we all are, but now ready to watch at Stamford Bridge on Sat. Just feel this is a great chance to get top4, and it seems to be slipping away, yes i know we are still in best position points and game in hand wise, but the way we are playing will not get us top 4 in a million years. However, first 20mins or so yesterday was excellent, need to get more of that and stop the heads dropping so quickly, such as Ireland, SWP....
We have some players who are up for it, Lescott, Vince, De Jong, Zab (maybe not best player, but the guy gives it his all).
Onto Sat and the rest of the lge campaign....
COME ON CITY!

wrongun73 said:
masterwig said:
Unbelievable.

thats right, take a snippet of what i said to make you look good, tosser!

How the fuck does it make me look good?

I just find it strange that you seem so willing to write off the cups. The whole 4th place thing has been built up so much by the media. It's very sad that teams and seemingly fans are starting to value 4th over winning a cup. I don't see 4th place on anyone's honours list. I'd take a cup and 5th every time over no cup and 4th. In 30 years time what will people look back on more fondly, the time we finished 4th or the time we won the cup?

We did play better last night then recent weeks. The players worked hard and grafted!
Bring on the chelsea scum! Bring on top four!!!

CITY TILL I DIE!!!

lionheart said:
Agreed with this. That whole saga with Gago, and Mariga was a bit ill preparation. Bet someone like Sven would have push the work permit through, he would just have to make a few phone calls. Sven would have landed Gago too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.