Any Stress-heads Hear Uwe on Talksport Just Before 9:00?

strongbowholic said:
oakiecokie said:
Surely we can`t have a "typical City" moment at this late stage ?
Can we ????
That's exactly what I've been stressing about because it has all the hallmarks of the ultimate typical City moment:

* ex-manager needing a result to stay up
* us needing a win to win the league
* depending on their result, our result could hand it to them on a plate
* we've not lost at home in the league this season
* QPR haven't won away all season

Shitting bricks, then I heard Uwe on TalkSport and calmed down due to his wise words. Now I've just made that list, I'm fucking shitting it again.

Fuck all work getting done today.

Again! ;-)

Wolves 0-3 QPR

Mikecini said:
If you veer towards fear,
there's one thing I know,
pop a couple of these and you'll feel all aglow.

2u9k20h.jpg

I take Diazepam for my panic attacks,so there`ll be a few in my wallet come Sunday.
My arse is flapping like nuns flange !!

strongbowholic said:
BluePurgatory said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Yes I am nervous and have stressed all week but we now have players of great ability and a winning mentality.

We also broke our duck last year winning the FA Cup which for me was the turning point.

BELIEVE

This^^^^^^. Both the Rags and Newcastle had something as important to fight for and we know what happended to them and going off the lodgic of the doom and gloomers and mischeif makers, then Wolves or Blackburn should have never been relegated and would still be battling on now, as they would have been fighting for their life.

I know, I know, but when you've been through what we've been through it's kind of hard to get it out of the system.

One of the commentators summed up city fans, in one of the last two games "City fans live in hope but Fear the worse". Phil McNulty for the BBC also wrote this:
" Old fears and suspicions will nag away at the back of those who have known plenty of suffering at the hands of their beloved City since the greats such as Summerbee, Francis Lee, Mike Doyle, Neil Young and Colin Bell lifted the championship all those years ago.

It is in City's hands now. And the manner of victory at Newcastle was that of a team that knew its moment had arrived".

I am not really in the 'typical city' camp but here are a few things that are keeping my sleep to a minimum at the moment:

- Hughes coming back with a point to prove.
- We have not been beat at home this season (Can we really go a whole season)
- SWP being one on one with Joe in the last minute with us 1-0 up...
- Barton having the game of his season!
- The ref sending off 2 city players in the first half hour.
- Us winning 1-0 and the rags winning 11-0 following the ref sending off 2 Sunderland players!

Sh*t, I think I may have just made myself even my nervous!!!

Kun Aguero said:
strongbowholic said:
oakiecokie said:
Surely we can`t have a "typical City" moment at this late stage ?
Can we ????
That's exactly what I've been stressing about because it has all the hallmarks of the ultimate typical City moment:

* ex-manager needing a result to stay up
* us needing a win to win the league
* depending on their result, our result could hand it to them on a plate
* we've not lost at home in the league this season
* QPR haven't won away all season

Shitting bricks, then I heard Uwe on TalkSport and calmed down due to his wise words. Now I've just made that list, I'm fucking shitting it again.

Fuck all work getting done today.

Again! ;-)

Wolves 0-3 QPR

Won at Everton also

I swing from huge optimism to nagging doubts by the hour. Just cant help it. Been so many fuckups and let downs over the years, its hard to get the monkey off your back.

Many of the best days of my life were following City when we were shit. Win or lose on Sunday I'll still follow blues with all the great blue friends I have.I dont regret one moment of following a club that won fuck all for 35 years. Its part of my character now and the same with 90% of my mates. Its who we are, loyal, proud, funny, stupid. Loved every minute of it. Silver cups is all very nice, but its not why Ive followed this club for 40 odd years.Im not even sure this success business is for me in a strange way. I always said that once we won the league I would never let myself get so obsessed with City again. Well Ive waited 44 years, so just this once City fucking well do it and get that monkey off my back so i can enjoy the rest of my life!!

Tried a bit of scribble therapy before - ie write down what's on your mind to get past the anxiety; thought I'd share it with you...

Sunday sees Queens Park Rangers visit the Etihad for yet another ‘biggest game in our history’. The backstory to it all is such that if it were presented by the WWE, I feel many would think “aww, come on, that’s ridiculous even for this lot!”

City, on the verge of their first League title for 44 years face a QPR side with Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Nedum Onouha; all ex-City, all with a point to prove. Throw in Anton Ferdinand (brother of the amnesiac camel) and Federico Macheda (or should that be “MARKAYDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” © Martin Tyler) and the plot is bubbling nicely – probably as spicy as throwing in some Bird Eye Chillis.

Then there’s QPR’s manager and coaching team. Ex- “them”, Hughes and his cohorts were unceremoniously dumped by City for the charming, successful, sophisticate that is Roberto Mancini. Hughes refused to shake Roberto’s hand post match – obviously - probably still under the delusion he had done well and still deserved to be in the job – obviously. All of a sudden, that’s a Scotch Bonnet thrown into the mix.

The heat is turned up further when we add this Bhut Jolokia to the mix:

• MCFC – unbeaten at home in the league this season
• QPR – not a single away win in the league under Hughes this season
• MCFC – win = title
• QPR – win = safety

Just when you thought it could not get any hotter, we can crank it up even further with this awful, awful scenario:

• MCFC – lose/draw – title probably on a plate to that lot
• “Them” – vs a Sunderland side full ex “them” players who have nothing to play for

That, my Blue Brethren, puts us in Trinidad Moruga Scorpion territory! I have half a dozen Andrex in my freezer in anticipation.

Whilst the title is clearly the big prize at stake, I think Sunday also provides us with an opportunity to win a huge, metaphysical battle, one that sits right at the heart of this club we love. This game has the potential to be the most catastrophic, typical City moment of all time.

Or it could finally bury it once and for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.