Anybody played pro or semi-pro on here?

Played fo city at upto u11s then moved dwn south got spotted by Exeter City stayed there til 18 got on the 1st team bench once in ldv vans trophy match away to bournemouth. then 2 weeks later done my ACL moved back to manchester and never played since im 26 now

No luck for me, had a trial at blackburn but pulled my hamstring during it.

But my team at the moment is awesome full of quality players, played up front with meppen-walter for a few years, whos at citys youth now.

Played youth and reserve level at Stockport .
Was around the time we kept on playing the fuckers .
I used to watch city with my pal who was a youth player and he ended up playing at Maine rd against us and scored when we won 4-1 that was a real surreal moment as I sat in the kippax watching my mate who was a fellow blue score against us , crazy ...
Playing for Norwich now my mate ..

Trials for City when 13/14...thought I was the dogs, but soon found out I wasn't! Serious knee injury fu*&ed me up.
Ah well, wasn't so well paid back then ;)

LCBblue said:
macmanson said:
LCBblue said:
Hi mate, been a while since I heard from you. Anyway, that's great news about bothy your son and daughter! It's great especially to see your girl getting herself involved at such a high level, so many girls at that pre-teen type age lose interest in sports and turn to boys, make up and short skirts. So it's great to hear about that.

Good that your lads not injured too, awful being out injured; so frustrating. Good that he's making new friends too, nothing worse in my opinion than a team at odds with each other.

Best of luck for the roster!

Yeah, been a while for sure. Been keeping busy with the lad's training and coaching his and the daughter's Futsal teams and playing myself. Doing the 7-a-side leagues 2-3 nights a week to try and regain my youthful fitness. :)

My son's team has some good comraderie, although I think they may have a bit of work on their hands with their setup. The midfield's a little weak for the level they will be playing at, so that comraderie is likely going to be tested this year.

Unfortunately, the boy thing hasn't escaped the daughter's interest but we're hoping that the sports will help her develop some positive self esteem so she doesn't look for it with the boys and such.

Right you are, good way of looking at the boy situation - could very possibly work through her possible unawareness of anything too mature for her age, if you know what I'm getting at?

Haha! Get in with your own fitness routine, top stuff that, my Dad should take a leaf out of your book!

Hey LCBlue, been a while but wanted to see how you were getting on with your team this year. My son's team struggled in midfield this year as we expected, but they managed to finish 3rd in their conference and are now heading to the USL Super Y Finals in Florida in December. He's done pretty well for himself this season despite some injuries. Contributed 3 goals in about 6 games playing as a winger.

Still going strong myself, playing 2 times a week in the 7-a-sides. Just turned 35 this summer, so probably going to go out for the Old Timers 11 v 11 leagues next summer though. Using the 7-a-sides to recapture my fitness for now. Lost about 12 pounds or so without really doing anything extra other than playing. :)

Currently play for my school team here in the usa. 24 goals in 14 appearances last season.
We have one of the best teams in the state.
I'm competing for my striker place with 2 other strikers who will probably be in the usa u18 national team soon. (They play for clubs that comprehensivly beat Chelsea's and Juventus's u18 teams)

So it will be difficult to keep my place this year. But I'm 16 so all is not over yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.