Anybody seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

I was involved in a house renovation years ago at an old cottage on Doctor Lane near Saddleworth Moors.The old lady who previously owned the property had just died in a house fire there. She did not smoke , there were no issues with gas or electrical faults however ,she burnt to death alone,in her armchair.

I had a guy who was redecorating the property who was admittedly, a self confessed spiritualist who convinced me that her presence was still around .
As we stood inside talking, a chill went through me and I could hear a sweeping brush noise outside . Went out , nothing there. Went back in , sweeping brush, back out nothing.

The decorator just shrugged his shoulders and laughed.

Very eerie.

I was involved in a house renovation years ago at an old cottage on Doctor Lane near Saddleworth Moors.The old lady who previously owned the property had just died in a house fire there. She did not smoke , there were no issues with gas or electrical faults however ,she burnt to death alone,in her armchair.

I had a guy who was redecorating the property who was admittedly, a self confessed spiritualist who convinced me that her presence was still around .
As we stood inside talking, a chill went through me and I could hear a sweeping brush noise outside . Went out , nothing there. Went back in , sweeping brush, back out nothing.

Very eerie.
Was it a Victorian sounding sweeping brush?

Of course, ‘Billy fuckin Bendover’ Mr Barlow refused to believe me shouting all sorts and sent me to the head office for ‘The Strap’, went there, tried to profess my innocence but to no avail and got strapped (and detention).

Thank God I didn't go to school in the 70s

Not read the whole thread so don’t know if anyone’s told the one about where someone stumbles across a person, usually in a car or another vehicle. Sometimes they’re a hitchhiker. Sometimes they run them over. Other times they just stop when they see them at the side of the road.

There’s hundreds of variants on it. But it always ends up with the person suddenly disappearing and they somehow find out that someone died at that exact spot many years ago.

Let me be clear, I think it’s all bollocks. But at the same time, I can’t help wondering why so many people are all inventing near enough the exact same story?

My conclusion is that I don’t think they are all inventing it. I think they genuinely believe it happened. The question we don’t know the answer to is how perfectly rational people can come to that frame of mind?

One of my mates teachers was ‘Fred Talbot’, it left him scarred, not because he did anything to him, but because he didn’t, he ended up seeking counselling to assure him he wasn’t that ugly.
It’s not funny really but we used to joke the same, coming out of secondary school.

We must be awful ugly bastards, the Christian Bros. wouldn’t even ride us.

I did see people getting a hiding every other day though, not just the strap, as you call it. We called it the leather.
I only ever got one really bad thumping, but it was a good one that was continuous through the whole class and I was battered all the way down the corridor where the Christian Bro. tried to get me into the staff office but he couldn’t get the right key from his key chain.
I was literally saved by the bell.
Don’t know what would have happened had he got me inside.

Not read the whole thread so don’t know if anyone’s told the one about where someone stumbles across a person, usually in a car or another vehicle. Sometimes they’re a hitchhiker. Sometimes they run them over. Other times they just stop when they see them at the side of the road.

There’s hundreds of variants on it. But it always ends up with the person suddenly disappearing and they somehow find out that someone died at that exact spot many years ago.

Let me be clear, I think it’s all bollocks. But at the same time, I can’t help wondering why so many people are all inventing near enough the exact same story?

My conclusion is that I don’t think they are all inventing it. I think they genuinely believe it happened. The question we don’t know the answer to is how perfectly rational people can come to that frame of mind?
First time I ever read that one.
Did see it once on tv in a Twilight Zone episode though I think.

Very eerie.
After that long it must have been Trigger’s broom.

I went camping a few years ago and there was a radio feedback type sound reverberating around the tent almost an alien sound. All of us heard it. It went on the next day too but as soon as we dropped the bedroom to dismantle the tent the noise stopped. It was just a freak of radio waves being trapped within the shape of the tent or something like that anyway. We were all freaked out when it was happening but all noises/apparitions can usually be explained eventually. Apart from David Moyes the ugly fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.