Anybody still not sure about our 4 new signings?

leewill31

great little insight on our 4 new players by Mourinho and why city went out and got them..

Asked about City, Mourinho said: “I know the players they've bought. Jovetic I know from my Italian time, we were in the same league for two years. The guys coming from Spain, Navas and Negredo, the same. I was three years in the league where they were. Fernandinho I've known for a long time even if I didn't work in the same country as him. I think they are players without surprises. They are more than ready.

“If you see their age, their maturity, they are in the perfect moment of their career to go to England, no need for adaptation, no need of work to learn the project. They are players at the top of their careers, experienced but still young, so I think they've bought very, very well.

“Young players are not at the best they will be. They need to learn, they need time to get to the top. You are talking about Navas and Negredo, they are two world champions, two European champions. They are two boys of 27. Jovetic, for more than two years, is one of the best in Italian football. Again, a kid that has five years at Fiorentina, playing in Serie A at the highest level.

“Fernandinho is more than that, because he has more experience, a national team player, big experience. So they bought very, very well. That doesn't surprise me, because they have the money to buy but also the knowledge. They have people in the club that know a lot about football.”

leewill31 said:
great little insight on our 4 new players by Mourinho and why city went out and got them..

Asked about City, Mourinho said: “I know the players they've bought. Jovetic I know from my Italian time, we were in the same league for two years. The guys coming from Spain, Navas and Negredo, the same. I was three years in the league where they were. Fernandinho I've known for a long time even if I didn't work in the same country as him. I think they are players without surprises. They are more than ready.

“If you see their age, their maturity, they are in the perfect moment of their career to go to England, no need for adaptation, no need of work to learn the project. They are players at the top of their careers, experienced but still young, so I think they've bought very, very well.

“Young players are not at the best they will be. They need to learn, they need time to get to the top. You are talking about Navas and Negredo, they are two world champions, two European champions. They are two boys of 27. Jovetic, for more than two years, is one of the best in Italian football. Again, a kid that has five years at Fiorentina, playing in Serie A at the highest level.

“Fernandinho is more than that, because he has more experience, a national team player, big experience. So they bought very, very well. That doesn't surprise me, because they have the money to buy but also the knowledge. They have people in the club that know a lot about football.”
wow! :-)

I'm excited for the four signings as well and think we have bought good players, but don't be fooled by Mourinho's words. He didn't say this because he likes the players (although he might), he said it because of Mind Games. He - an experienced La Liga manager and with a huge winning pedigree - has come out and said that he thinks these four players, two of whom he faced on several occasions in La Liga, are very good buys. The implication then is that all four of them should fit right in and produce the goods week-in week-out. Thus the corollary is that if any of them don't turn out to be very good for us, then it's the manager's fault for ruining good players. And so the Jose wars of words begin...

Falastur said:
I'm excited for the four signings as well and think we have bought good players, but don't be fooled by Mourinho's words. He didn't say this because he likes the players (although he might), he said it because of Mind Games. He - an experienced La Liga manager and with a huge winning pedigree - has come out and said that he thinks these four players, two of whom he faced on several occasions in La Liga, are very good buys. The implication then is that all four of them should fit right in and produce the goods week-in week-out. Thus the corollary is that if any of them don't turn out to be very good for us, then it's the manager's fault for ruining good players. And so the Jose wars of words begin...

Yeah, really he thinks they are shit and he is laughing.

If he said he wasn't scared by our signings some would say that means he is. If he praising our signings its mind games.

Anything he says is interpreted as mind games. This wasn't. I think it's another acknowledgement that City have bought really well this summer. No more primadonnas. Just proven players who will work for the team and the supporters. Admittedly I'd be worried if Utd buy Bale, and hopefully Ronaldo is not for sale, but as things stand Rags must be worried about our prospects next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.