Anybody still not sure about our 4 new signings?

I never a trust a thing Mourinho says.

I'll be more sure about our signings, when I have seen how they adapt to playing in the premier league but they do all look to be decent buys that should improve both our squad and starting 11.

ninjamonkey said:
A decent first stab at the mind games from Mourinho towards City. Sadly for him i don't think Pellegrini will entertain him with his mind games, just doesn't come across as somebody who will react to them in the slightest. Stick to mind fucking Gollum Jose, it's easy and we'll enjoy watching him crash and burn.

Jose will eat Moyes for breakfast! Gollum is already squirming and looking uncomfortable, like a kid in a new school with no friends, how long before we see Fergie coming out of retirement, as Moyes royally screws it up?

Bewar3them00n said:
ninjamonkey said:
A decent first stab at the mind games from Mourinho towards City. Sadly for him i don't think Pellegrini will entertain him with his mind games, just doesn't come across as somebody who will react to them in the slightest. Stick to mind fucking Gollum Jose, it's easy and we'll enjoy watching him crash and burn.

Jose will eat Moyes for breakfast! Gollum is already squirming and looking uncomfortable, like a kid in a new school with no friends, how long before we see Fergie coming out of retirement, as Moyes royally screws it up?
Let's not get our hopes up yet and focus on ourselves first.

Perhaps he's had a look at the players he's inherited at Chelsea, decided that some are a tad old, others are good players but not suited to his style of play. He's not sure that he'll have quite the immediate impact that he usually does when goes to a new club, might take him a season or two. So he's managing expectations of Chelsea by building up their rivals?

That doesn't surprise me, because they have the money to buy but also the knowledge. They have people in the club that know a lot about football.”

I suppose those last two sentences could be viewed as a dig at the rags. Overall, a decent snippet about our new signings and not a snidey swipe.

leewill31 said:
great little insight on our 4 new players by Mourinho and why city went out and got them..

Asked about City, Mourinho said: “I know the players they've bought. Jovetic I know from my Italian time, we were in the same league for two years. The guys coming from Spain, Navas and Negredo, the same. I was three years in the league where they were. Fernandinho I've known for a long time even if I didn't work in the same country as him. I think they are players without surprises. They are more than ready.

“If you see their age, their maturity, they are in the perfect moment of their career to go to England, no need for adaptation, no need of work to learn the project. They are players at the top of their careers, experienced but still young, so I think they've bought very, very well.

“Young players are not at the best they will be. They need to learn, they need time to get to the top. You are talking about Navas and Negredo, they are two world champions, two European champions. They are two boys of 27. Jovetic, for more than two years, is one of the best in Italian football. Again, a kid that has five years at Fiorentina, playing in Serie A at the highest level.

“Fernandinho is more than that, because he has more experience, a national team player, big experience. So they bought very, very well. That doesn't surprise me, because they have the money to buy but also the knowledge. They have people in the club that know a lot about football.”

This ^^ has to be put into the context of the entire article Mo is saying he has a young team which will take time to produce whereas our signings should be brilliant from day one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.