Anyone Been To South Africa?

Josh Blue said:
Just wondering if anyone has been and not had any immunisations before?

My mate went for two weeks and had nothing and was fine, i'll be going for a month.

Don't really want any injections, just looking for a bit of past experience/reassurance that it's nothing is needed.

I'll be in the Cape town area. Cheers.

You will be fine without any around the western cape...envious of you,it`s a fantastic area...don`t forget to visit Robben Island

Sparkys-Army said:
Josh Blue said:

My mate went for two weeks and had nothing and was fine, i'll be going for a month.

Don't really want any injections, just looking for a bit of past experience/reassurance that it's nothing is needed.

Hey bud, get the ones done via NHS and you should be sorted. I bought 2 lots of malaria tablets and haven't needed to use them including going into the malaria zone of Kruger park. You'll love it.

Thanks mate i'll send you a message

Josh Blue said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Josh Blue said:

Hey bud, get the ones done via NHS and you should be sorted. I bought 2 lots of malaria tablets and haven't needed to use them including going into the malaria zone of Kruger park. You'll love it.

No jabs needed but if you are going anywhere malaria endemic take the tablets to be on the safe side. That includes for 7 days after you leave the endemic zone.

I am lucky enough to visit SA on business a few time a year, superb place! If you are only around CT you don't need anything.

Cheap as chips as well with current exchange rate.

Abz rover said:
Josh Blue said:
Sparkys-Army said:

No jabs needed but if you are going anywhere malaria endemic take the tablets to be on the safe side. That includes for 7 days after you leave the endemic zone.

I am lucky enough to visit SA on business a few time a year, superb place!
Take the anti shark/lion tablets mate

I lived there for 15 years and it is a great place to visit,probably not much to do in nelspruit but if you are in Joburg there is a bit to do,beer and food is cheap,as for clothing april can be chilly nights so take something warm .I still have relatives over there and going over in december,the game parks are brilliant,if you stick with someone who knows the areas you will be alright,if you need anymore info I am happy to give you the lowdown

adelaideblue69 said:
I lived there for 15 years and it is a great place to visit,probably not much to do in nelspruit but if you are in Joburg there is a bit to do,beer and food is cheap,as for clothing april can be chilly nights so take something warm .I still have relatives over there and going over in december,the game parks are brilliant,if you stick with someone who knows the areas you will be alright,if you need anymore info I am happy to give you the lowdown

In nelspruit area currently and keeping myself busy :)

Planning on being here for the games in July? I live in Joburg, so will be going to that game and organising a group to go down for the Durban game.

Been up to Moz once about 3 years ago. Been to Durban and Natal plenty, just havnt been around Durban city centre for many years, so looking forward to the game there, planning to stay along the beach front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.