Anyone been travelling?

Godfather said:
Im at a bit of a loss what to do with my dull and repetitive life.

My mate is big on travelling but its never really appealled to me, but i do feel as though im missing out on some amazing experiences, i just have no idea where i'd want to go or what i'd want to do.

I think it may be a case of i would love it when im there but dont really fancy it at the moment.

Money wouldnt be an issue, so has any one been travelling and can share your experiences? Or is anyone planning on going travelling any time in the future?

I did after I was discharged from the military spent 6 months travelling all over South America, went back to England and started planning to cross Asia, from Russia to China and then into India. That bit never came to fruition and I decided to make the move over here for a few years.

Seeing money isn't a problem you will have a great time wherever you decide on going - it's a lot more fun when you don't have to stay in shit hole hostels at $5 a night, pay $10 a night and you get your own room with hot water.

Packing was a pain in the arse as I was doing the entire South America I went from freezing weather to tropical in a few months. I managed to keep the weight down to 15kgs which included a sleeping bag and a tent, spent about a thousand pound all told on equipment, however would have saved a lot if I had bought of Ebay.

smudgedj said:
Godfather said:
Im at a bit of a loss what to do with my dull and repetitive life.

My mate is big on travelling but its never really appealled to me, but i do feel as though im missing out on some amazing experiences, i just have no idea where i'd want to go or what i'd want to do.

I think it may be a case of i would love it when im there but dont really fancy it at the moment.

Money wouldnt be an issue, so has any one been travelling and can share your experiences? Or is anyone planning on going travelling any time in the future?

I did after I was discharged from the military spent 6 months travelling all over South America, went back to England and started planning to cross Asia, from Russia to China and then into India. That bit never came to fruition and I decided to make the move over here for a few years.

Seeing money isn't a problem you will have a great time wherever you decide on going - it's a lot more fun when you don't have to stay in shit hole hostels at $5 a night, pay $10 a night and you get your own room with hot water.

Packing was a pain in the arse as I was doing the entire South America I went from freezing weather to tropical in a few months. I managed to keep the weight down to 15kgs which included a sleeping bag and a tent, spent about a thousand pound all told on equipment, however would have saved a lot if I had bought of Ebay.

Sounds awesome mate but it scares the shit out of me if im honest!

Godfather said:
smudgedj said:

Do you prefer your creature comforts?

I'm going away somewhere once i graduate, hopefully for a about 10 years until i grow up enough to get a proper (boring) job.

Trying to decide between English speaking but expensive, or non-english speaking but cheap.

Or i'll work in a supermarket for the rest of my life, haven't quite decided yet.

Yeah definately, but not to the extreme, i dont need five star pampering or anyhting haha! like i said, money wouldnt be an issue so i wouldnt have to scrape by at hostels, and im not all that indepentent when it comes to travelling, so an organised one would be ideal, some may see that as defeating the objuect of going travelling, but if i do end up going it will be to experience the sites rather than to find yourself.

pee dubya said:
I'm going away somewhere once i graduate, hopefully for a about 10 years until i grow up enough to get a proper (boring) job.

Trying to decide between English speaking but expensive, or non-english speaking but cheap.

Or i'll work in a supermarket for the rest of my life, haven't quite decided yet.

I know you were only joking (or were you?) but thats exactly what my life is now, i feel im missing out on better experiences, being only 25.

Godfather said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Depends what you're into really could have a bearing on where you travel? Do you have any particular interests, history, military stuff etc.

I suppose i would be into historical stuff like ruins and the like, one thing i know i definatley dont want is places where the nightlife is supposed to be amazing, not my scene. I would want to see nature at its finest, Mountains, Lakes, Forests etc...
Travelling across America has always appealed, as has canada.

But i also wouldnt rule out more obscure places like Thailand, Peru, Mexico.

Thailand, Peru, and Mexico aren't obscure any more! Thailand is a great place spent many months over there but got fed up in the end, if you like ruins and temples then Thailand would be good for a week or so followed by a trip to Cambodia for Angkor Wat. You will get all 'templed out' in Thailand, same goes for Angkor Wat don't book a 4 day tour!

Godfather said:
smudgedj said:

It was for me, but you could start with off with voluntary work for a month, where you will have someone to help you, which will build up your confidence, incorporate it with language lessons and then off you go!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.