Anyone done a full season watching the mighty blues

92-99 all games, home and away, including cups. Broken run came to a shuddering halt Bolton away (1-0 win IIRC Kennedy screamer) when I gave up my ticket at Piccadilly for reasons best only known to my (then) broken biscuited head. Love the away days now, but never loved it more than those 7 years barrelling around every part of the country whilst we got gradually, then rapidly shiter by the week.

Talking to a blue this morning who has done every game home and away this season so far that’s domestic cups as well. He reckons he’s doing them all.Anyone else done this in your time following city through the ages or got close to doing it, I haven’t but must of got close to it over the years.

My brother has. All European games too
In fact only missed the Russian game in 10 years, Superbia.
Doesn't do friendlies though, part time.

Total respect for that mate ;), i did most of games in the old 2nd div, like you say mental times!! we were shit but it was amazing going away with city in them days just taking over grounds :)
Top days mate , queuing up with a handful of ticket stubs at midnight to get Bristol rovers away tickets , and like you say filled most grounds and town centres up and down the country , met some great people along the way

2016-17 Domestic full sweep:-
PL 38/38 - LC 2/2 - FAC 6/6 - CL 7/10

2018-19 Almost a domestic full sweep (couldn't get a ticket for Newport away in the FA Cup):-
PL 38/38 - LC 6/6 - FAC 5/6 - CL 6/10 - CS 1

Tempted to do a genuine clean sweep i.e. including European aways, but that's a huge commitment financially and time wise.

Top days mate , queuing up with a handful of ticket stubs at midnight to get Bristol rovers away tickets , and like you say filled most grounds and town centres up and down the country , met some great people along the way
That used to piss me off. Getting down to Maine Road, queuing for hours and when we got to the ground there was a turnstile for pay on the gate.

Never done a full season but missed only 6 always in the late eighties.

5 seasons for league/domestic cups - but around 50 years ago!
Didn't miss a home match in ANY competition from August 1967 - April 1975. The run was stopped by having to see the builder who was renovating the house we were buying before we got married. Went to the rest of the home matches that season, though.

That used to piss me off. Getting down to Maine Road, queuing for hours and when we got to the ground there was a turnstile for pay on the gate.

Never done a full season but missed only 6 always in the late eighties.
Still some going that only missing 6
, I was just lucky I guess the job I have allowed me to get to the games , missed a fair few family doos in doing all the games but well worth it , I’ve only missed about 4 home games in 40 years league and cup, had a season ticket when I was 6 , only missed 2 at the etihad , Crystal Palace about 5 years ago can’t remember the year it was my mates wedding and Barcelona in the champions league a few years back when we beat them , I had to take my daughter to hospital , pretty proud of that also , gutted I missed them to be fair lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.