Anyone else dreading the derby?

dronefromsector7g said:
black mamba said:
The rags don't bother me one bit , i see the bigger picture nowadays ...... they proved last season that losing a derby or two means little , they still came within' a whisker of the title ...... it's how you do over the course of the entire 38 game season that counts ...... that's what determines champions.

Look at the last time we won two derbies in a season , during Benjanis time here ..... it hardly did us much good , we finished nowhere !
One point off us last season and they would be champions now.

True .......

but a draw at Wigan would have seen them home too .....

my point is that a derby defeat or two , should that happen , isn't the end of the world ..... you can still finish champions , or as near as dammit , without points from those games , depending on your consistency in your remaining league fixtures.

Although obviously it helps if you CAN get something from the derby games !

black mamba said:
dronefromsector7g said:
black mamba said:
The rags don't bother me one bit , i see the bigger picture nowadays ...... they proved last season that losing a derby or two means little , they still came within' a whisker of the title ...... it's how you do over the course of the entire 38 game season that counts ...... that's what determines champions.

Look at the last time we won two derbies in a season , during Benjanis time here ..... it hardly did us much good , we finished nowhere !

True .......

my point is that a derby defeat or two , should that happen , isn't the end of the world ..... you can still finish champions , or as near as dammit , without points from those games.
Over 38 games we shouldn't have needed to rely on the 6 points we took of them, but as it turned out, every point and almost every goal we scored mattered. This year we'll finish above them on points, and we won't need to beat them twice. ;-)<br /><br />-- 01 Nov 2012, 01:25 --<br /><br />
black mamba said:
dronefromsector7g said:
black mamba said:

True .......

my point is that a derby defeat or two , should that happen , isn't the end of the world ..... you can still finish champions , or as near as dammit , without points from those games.
Over 38 games we shouldn't have needed to rely on the 6 points we took of them, but as it turned out, every point and almost every goal we scored mattered. This year we'll finish above them on points, and we won't need to beat them twice. ;-)

I am looking forward to the derby, but I wouldn't want them ending out unbeaten home run which to be honest, are the only team I can see being capable of doing so!

United lost both games against us last season yet still managed to end the season level on points so I am not worried that the derbies will decide the title!

Johnsonontheleft said:
I can't stomach the thought of those twats beating us at home. I know we're the better team but that's not always decisive - Chelsea were the better team last week and look what Clattenburg did. Look what they did to Vinny in the FA Cup tie.

It's making me sick already and it's over a month away. Their taunts, chants and general arrogant cuntishness would be stronger than ever given the 6-1 last season. I'm dreading it.

Anyone who calls me pessimistic obviously wasn't at Maine Road with me in the 90s.
Grow a set.

You "dreaded" derby's if you were a wimp in the 80's, 90's, and 00's, when we rarely won (but won well when we did).

black mamba said:

Excellent post

With a full team out and our patchy form over i would take us to beat them these days 8 out of 10 times.We will lose the odd one here and there,yes it hurts but that is life if you support a football team.Like us they have the league and FA cup left now,they won't win the champions league,so let us hope we win one and they win nowt again.

Without the FFP crap we would have left them well behind,this ruling will give them a fighting chance to remain on top of the pile.

No chance I don't fear them anymore. City are a totally different animal than they were 5 years ago. Players like Phil Jones and that clumsy goalkeeper of theirs hardly have me quaking in my boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.