Anyone else NOT dreading the derby?

United were afraid of us last season and they are afraid of us this season. In and of itself, this is reason enough not to dread it. I sometimes dread that they might get lucky or the ref might cheat, but that's about all. And their defence is to cry for.

bluetonium said:
I don't fear them 11 vs 11. I do worry about the ref being tempted to give them decisions under pressure, but that's not something you can really control or foresee.

Player again player we're much better, we just need to get our act together and play for each other:

De Gea - Hart - Hart all day
Rafael - Zaba - Zaba all day
Evra - Clichy - About equal, though Evra has been poor this year
Evans - Lescott - Not a fair comparison as Evans clearly isn't a footballer
Wio -Kompany - Both not in the best form, Vinny still the better defender as not reliant on pace
Nani - Silva - Silva all day, better on the ball, more creative. Nani possibly quicker and more clinical, but Silva more consistent.
Carrick - Garcia - Honestly I'd probably say Carrick, though Javi has yet to show us his full abilitiy, and is a weapon in the air.
Feltcher - Yaya - Words not needed.
Valencia - Nasri - Samir all day, more creative and less one dimensional
Kagawa - Tevez - Kagawa has impressed, but Tevez is on fire
Rooney - Aguero - With a couple more games under his belt, Sergio will be the more dangerous

RVP could be the difference if we don't get our act together. Recent performances have been patchy to say the least.

Uwes Grandad said:
bluetonium said:
I don't fear them 11 vs 11. I do worry about the ref being tempted to give them decisions under pressure, but that's not something you can really control or foresee.

Player again player we're much better, we just need to get our act together and play for each other:

De Gea - Hart - Hart all day
Rafael - Zaba - Zaba all day
Evra - Clichy - About equal, though Evra has been poor this year
Evans - Lescott - Not a fair comparison as Evans clearly isn't a footballer
Wio -Kompany - Both not in the best form, Vinny still the better defender as not reliant on pace
Nani - Silva - Silva all day, better on the ball, more creative. Nani possibly quicker and more clinical, but Silva more consistent.
Carrick - Garcia - Honestly I'd probably say Carrick, though Javi has yet to show us his full abilitiy, and is a weapon in the air.
Feltcher - Yaya - Words not needed.
Valencia - Nasri - Samir all day, more creative and less one dimensional
Kagawa - Tevez - Kagawa has impressed, but Tevez is on fire
Rooney - Aguero - With a couple more games under his belt, Sergio will be the more dangerous

RVP could be the difference if we don't get our act together. Recent performances have been patchy to say the least.

He'll be injured by then ;)

NOT dreading it at all, we are more than a match for them when both sides are on it. I am just concerned we've not been on it. Unfortunately the rags are here to stay for now and probably the future. Although I appreciate there will be lots of ups and downs during the season with unexpected victories and defeats for the top 4 or 5. They have just dismantled the Arse whereas we could only manage a draw at home (tbh it was all we deserved). The good thing is so far we've not really got out of first gear and hopefully will get better as the season progresses. Over quarter of the season gone after today and if we get a win at West Ham today we'll be on equal points with them. We need Silva back and ticking and the back 4 to get sorted to get the results we need against the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton et all. Although unbeaten so far we can't keep relying on Dzeko to pull us out of the shite. Now and the run up to Crimbo is key to put us in a position where we can push on and threaten the title. Its certainly not beyond us.

Not me, on todays showing, watched both games and they played better than we did, and won, luckily enough there's still plenty of time to improve, just wish Ballo would shave his head, attitude......

Why should any blue dread the derby? Prior to 2008 we were huge under dogs and always had a vastly inferior team to today.

So no, I always expect to beat them these days, although their tendency to get decisions is something to be worried about IMO

No not dreading it at all ,we are far superior in every department,we've not been great so far and yet still unbeaten and 2 points off the top.Not bad eh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.