Anyone else think we got psyched out on sunday?

Oh aye, deffo. I heard that Mike Phelan was also controlling Kompany, De Jong, Toure and Lescott via voodoo dolls. And Dzeko, Balotelli and Milner were under a 24 hour Hex. The FA should investigate this match as matter of urgency.

As usual the rag media are just reporting that their youthful new look team overcame City with pace, possession, passing, penetration...

Sort it out Bernstein!

Totally . We came back from the interval complacent and arrogant.

Too bad Zab wasn't fit for the match. He would have been a better sub than AJ.

After I've calmed down and got over it after stewing for 24 hours I now feel that we were too cocky. To start with we were lucky to be up 2-0 at the half because the rags were all over us like a bad rash. Two good goals from us and it doesn't matter how you win as ugly as it may be sometimes. Although it was a 'glorified friendly' we should have still come out and been a little more defensively minded in the second half. Too many mistakes and an arrogant attitude affect us in a bad way. It was just one of them City moments when you knew something was going to go wrong.

Never mind, season starts next week and we can take our frustration out on the boyos next Monday.

CTID

After seeing United making the three changes at half time I was thinking what a clever tactic by Ferguson. If City were to go on and win United had undermined the whole occasion. I believe it actually effected the City players to underperform in the second half.

The 2 goal lead was essentially the downfall of our team on Sunday. When you take the lead with one goal , you are a lot more focused because it could be cancelled out in a second , but psychologically , 2 goals immediately makes the players take their feet off the pedal. I don't think we got psyched out by the rags , we got psyched by ourselves really. The rags did put on some so called 'youngsters' (despite the fact that all of the 'youngsters' have had at least a seasons worth of premier league experience) . But really that shouldn't make any difference to our mindset , and if it did , serious questions need to be asked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.