Anyone famous at your school?

Julian Clary
Rupert Everett
Laurnece Dallaglio
Statto (stats gimp and crap general sports commentator)

For reasons not be gone into now, I ended up at a pretty posh school for a time - from which I can assure you I was promptly expelled once they'd got the measure of me. Anyway - thats my lot.

Optimus Prime said:
Julian Clary
Rupert Everett
Laurnece Dallaglio
Statto (stats gimp and crap general sports commentator)

For reasons not be gone into now, I ended up at a pretty posh school for a time - from which I can assure you I was promptly expelled once they'd got the measure of me. Anyway - thats my lot.
were Julian Clary and Laurnence friends?

No but Jim Magilton apparently grew up around the corner from me, and the first drummer of Stiff Little Fingers is a taxi driver in my area.

mauriziogaudino said:
tommyducks said:
Steve Coogan
Paul Scholes
Kieran Prenderville off That's Life

These went to my school too.

I think you might know my uncle tommyducks, he mentioned you the other week!

Also that Karen McDonald off corrie went to our school, and Paul Allott who plays(ed) for Oldham.

I went to cardinal langley as well.
I'm pretty sure Clint Boon went there too.

Prestwich_Blue said:
kippax_blueboy said:
Mike Atherton
Andy Hinchcliffe
Mark Crawley
John Crawley
Mark Chilton
Gary Yates

Plus (a bit older than me I hasten to add) actors Ben Kingsley & Robert Powell. Two a lot older than me are City's Life President Sidney Rose and United director Maurice Watkins.

Contemporaries of mine were Sir Howard Davies (ex Deputy Bank of England governor and City fan), Ashley Lewis (former City director), Nicholas Hytner (director of The Madness of King George and the History Boys) and journalists Michael Crick & Jim White (both big rag fans).

In my class was Martin Sixsmith, who was the BBC's Moscow and Washington correspondent then went on to be the senior Civil Servant who famously "resigned" over the Steven Byers "Good day to bury bad news" incident a few years ago.

Athers went MGS, Hinchliffle went WHGS so which school you on about?

I went to the same school as our very own Scall! Beat that!
(although I'm much older than him)
The only other 'famous' types from that school were
Sally Lindsay (off Corrie)
Phil Whelan (used to play for Ipswich, Boro and some others), big lad, had lots of injuries, think he retired young
That Monaghan lad out of Lord of the Rings, his uncle Mike was my History teacher (who I spotted at the game the other week)

Nicky Butt went to the same primary school as me...but not at the same time.

Showbiz eh!

unsworthblue said:
Swales lives said:
Andy May (MCFC)
Guy Garvey (Elbow)
Giant Haystacks son (not famous, but his dad was)
you must have gone to st peters/monica's.used to play football on heaton park againgst noel r (haystacks son).big skinny lad if i remember rightly.not like his dad in the slightest

Yep I was a St Peters Grammar school boy. We used to regularly thrash anyone put in front of us at Heaton Park, including yours (I'm guessing Unsworth Comp/Castlebrook). Can't remember Haystack's real name, he was a right bell-end though.

Jamie Moore - I think we all know who he is :)
Amiee Backhouse - Running in the 2012 Oylimpics.
Ben Marshall - Winger, plays for Stoke City. Currently on loan to Northampton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.