Anyone fancy buying me the new England shirt?

Why Always Ste said:
LMAO at the sheep who will run out in their droves buying this shit at £90 (or even at £50 it's a piss take)

[sarcastic bastard]Yes Yes Yes England are gonna win this year, we're gonna win the World Cup... quick let's go out and buy the England shirt, this will help England win the world cup[/sarcastic bastard]

Guess I'm not a proper football fan as I'd rather spend my money actually watching the match than buying this overpriced merchandise shit.

Maybe I have enough money for both

Just sayin

JoeMercer'sWay said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26826554

People are misdirecting their anger, forget the £90, that's for the player shirt, it's the £60 for the fan shirt people should be complaining about.
It's such a load of unnecessary marketing bollocks though. Why are there even two different standards of kits? For £60 (which is still far too much), they should be selling the shirts actually worn by the players. The only differences in the past were the sponsors and numbers, so why has this new two-tier approach been so readily accepted. Nike need fucking off from English football as soon as possible, but unfortunately I can't see it ever happening.

Dubai Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

People are misdirecting their anger, forget the £90, that's for the player shirt, it's the £60 for the fan shirt people should be complaining about.
It's such a load of unnecessary marketing bollocks though. Why are there even two different standards of kits? For £60 (which is still far too much), they should be selling the shirts actually worn by the players. The only differences in the past were the sponsors and numbers, so why has this new two-tier approach been so readily accepted. Nike need fucking off from English football as soon as possible, but unfortunately I can't see it ever happening.
Listening to Spurs old kit man on talksport a few years back and he said that the players shirts are different to the one the fans get even if they do look the same so maybe Nike are actually selling the ones they give to the players now as well

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dubai Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Listening to Spurs old kit man on talksport a few years back and he said that the players shirts are different to the one the fans get even if they do look the same so maybe Nike are actually selling the ones they give to the players now as well
I doubt it. It's football. There's no need for anything special. It's all marketing bollocks. I'll bet good money that they've actually reduced the quality of the £60(!?) one just so they can market the £90 one as some sort of premium product. They do it in American sports all the time. I remember seeing two hockey shirts and the proper "match" one was nearly $200. I wouldn't give £5 to Nike, never mind £90. Absolute shithouse of a company. How much of that £90 do you imagine goes into paying their workers a proper living wage?

This is the biggest joke though:

The FA said it avoids any involvement with kit manufacturers about pricing.

Why the fuck? Surely the price that fans will have to pay should be one of the main points brought up in any decision over which company to give the contract to? But I guess it shows how much the football authorities in England give a shit about the fans.

Exactly. Maybe it differs between manufacturers but our recent Umbra kits were definitely the same for both fans and players, so Nike has purposely reduced the quality of the one made available to the fans while simultaneously whacking an extra 20 quid onto the cost. They've got no shame whatsoever and i'm just disappointed that City and the FA chose to get into bed with these charlatans.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why Always Ste said:
LMAO at the sheep who will run out in their droves buying this shit at £90 (or even at £50 it's a piss take)

[sarcastic bastard]Yes Yes Yes England are gonna win this year, we're gonna win the World Cup... quick let's go out and buy the England shirt, this will help England win the world cup[/sarcastic bastard]

Guess I'm not a proper football fan as I'd rather spend my money actually watching the match than buying this overpriced merchandise shit.

Just sayin

Bigger the fan than you are. keep paying those prices :)

Why Always Ste said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why Always Ste said:

Just sayin

Bigger the fan than you are. keep paying those prices :)
I only buy a City shirt now and again but some people do like to buy things regardless of the price as memorabilia and the like, each to there own and that<br /><br />-- 01 Apr 2014, 11:21 --<br /><br />
I'm With Stupid said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dubai Blue said:
I doubt it. It's football. There's no need for anything special. It's all marketing bollocks. I'll bet good money that they've actually reduced the quality of the £60(!?) one just so they can market the £90 one as some sort of premium product. They do it in American sports all the time. I remember seeing two hockey shirts and the proper "match" one was nearly $200. I wouldn't give £5 to Nike, never mind £90. Absolute shithouse of a company. How much of that £90 do you imagine goes into paying their workers a proper living wage?

This is the biggest joke though:

The FA said it avoids any involvement with kit manufacturers about pricing.

Why the fuck? Surely the price that fans will have to pay should be one of the main points brought up in any decision over which company to give the contract to? But I guess it shows how much the football authorities in England give a shit about the fans.

Firstly I didn't think it was a massive secret that the players got a better product as they dont have to make as many. Secondly why would the old Spurs kit man that come on to talk about Redknapp lie about the shirts and Thirdly it would be impossible to lower the quality of the Nike shirts without them being made of human remains.

Also our club, rags, Liverpool, England, Brazil etc do not have any involvement in the pricing of merchandise because Nike give them a hefty lump of money every 12 months for control of the brand name

Yes, there were certain differences (primarily the size and material of the sponsors and names/numbers, and sometimes the badge), but the main body of the shirt was the same.

It's a real shame that Nike took over the City and England shirts because I thought Umbro were doing a good job with both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.