Anyone have any experience

bobmcfc

Of ulcerative colitis ? Long term prognosis etc and treatment to expect.

bobmcfc said:

Asafoetida :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazine/benefits-and-medicinal-value-of-asafoetida/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazin ... safoetida/</a>

paphos-mcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

Not sure my doctor would approve. Got my diagnosis today after some rather invasive tests. Had biopsies but he said is very bad in there and I'm to start meds in the next 48 hours once my reports reach my gp. I'm just worried now about the road ahead

bobmcfc said:
paphos-mcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

Not sure my doctor would approve. Got my diagnosis today after some rather invasive tests. Had biopsies but he said is very bad in there and I'm to start meds in the next 48 hours once my reports reach my gp. I'm just worried now about the road ahead

At least ask him about it. It's natural and aids in stomach problems.

I've got it. diagnosed when i was 14, 35 now. i've had 3 bad flare ups at 14, 17, and 21.
a couple of minor flare ups in my mid 20s which hardly effected me, no problems since.
what do you want to know? pm me if you prefer

I'm being put on steroids and another drug ironically called asacol. Sure it's been embarrassing but I'm worried now that I'm going to be on drugs and in and out of hospital forever now. I'm 32 and it just brings it home.

My symptoms are blood and mucus, watery stools every time you go. It can be no less than 5 or more urgent trips to the bathroom per day and even night sometimes. Eating out is a major issue, you can barely finish a meal before you need to go to the rest room.

I don't have flair ups, this has been every day now for 12 months basically. I've had the odd symptom for 5/6 years but the last year has been hell

a lot depends on how early treatment starts, my worst bout was my 1st one, mainly because i was terrified of telling anyone. ended up in hospital for 6 weeks off school for 6 months. i was put on the steroids, prednisilone iirc, a few side effects, but i've lived my life without it impeding me, was told i couldnt do anything strenuous etc, but i played football for over 10 years sat and sun league and done work involving heavy lifting. had to switch from lager to bitter because lager was to gassy and bloated me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.