Anyone have any experience

Is this the condition that is very successfully treated with, er, faeces enemas?

I have not heard of that treatment to be fair mate, but there are biological treatments available. At present I am only on anti inflammatory treatments and they have kept me pretty much in check for a long time. Unfortunately I have just had a flare up.
There are worse things people have to deal with in life even if this is a little debilitating at the minute.

Sorry to hear that mate. I've had* Crohns Disease, which is similar.

Had the Prednisone tablets and even had to spray asacol up my own arse for a while. Something bit fun but hey, if it helps.

The reason I say had is because you don't ever get rid of it but really had no flare ups for over 5 years at least. For the last few years I've got into a bit of running and am supposed to be doing an Ultra in a couple of months. Believe me I had no strength to run a mile when I was at a similar stage to you. I just wanted to lie down on the pavement when walking to work some days.

Sorry to hear that mate. I've had* Crohns Disease, which is similar.

Had the Prednisone tablets and even had to spray asacol up my own arse for a while. Something bit fun but hey, if it helps.

The reason I say had is because you don't ever get rid of it but really had no flare ups for over 5 years at least. For the last few years I've got into a bit of running and am supposed to be doing an Ultra in a couple of months. Believe me I had no strength to run a mile when I was at a similar stage to you. I just wanted to lie down on the pavement when walking to work some days.
Fair play mate. By all accounts Crohns is worse than Colitis so I am glad it has not bothered you for so long. Pardon the pun but it is a bit shit when it flares up as you well know, but it is a manageable condition so there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Never had anything like it hun but i will be happy to administer this enema.
I fear the internet has warped my delicate mind bob hehe.

My brother in law has it but never seems inhibbited by it. He eats pretty much what he likes but i never really ask about it tbh.

Fair play mate. By all accounts Crohns is worse than Colitis so I am glad it has not bothered you for so long. Pardon the pun but it is a bit shit when it flares up as you well know, but it is a manageable condition so there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

If you start out so positive that's half the battle mate...or at least it helped me. Yeah, the squirting up your own arse is a bit shit...so much easier to get the tube up after a finger has been up there - ha ha...only semi joking there but you'll learn you have to laugh.

Foam enemas were absolutely useless in my case and steroids didn't work, they just made me fat and miserable. I went through a few consultants at Tameside before a observing trainee doctor sat in on one of my appointments and when the nurse left the room decided to quiz me on my condition. I told him how miserable I was and that nothing was working. He told me this great gastro surgeon was in today and asked me if he could quickly show him my notes. I agreed and off he went. He came back and said the gastro consultant wanted to see me straight away

So I go in and he told me he was now taking over my care and he was changing my meds. He sent me for chest X-rays that very afternoon and gave me a prescription for imuran (immune suppressants) changed my asacol to mezavant xl and lansoprozol for excess stomach acid. He started tapering down my steriods to get me completely off them and no more foam enemas. That week the bleeding stopped and my symptoms have been gone for three years now.
That consultant gave me my quality of life back but if it wasn't for that bolshy trainee doctor is still be stuck with rubbish steroids and ass foam.
The consultant you must demand to see is called Dr Gregory Whatley and he works out of the spire and Tameside hospital. He's very straight taking, very abrupt, and very proactive. Don't take it as rudeness but he doesn't suffer idiots or people not doing their jobs properly. He will absolutely take good care of you and cut through all the messing about and get you the meds you need to get you well. If something doesn't work he will change it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.