Anyone here go to Spurs 3-4 City in the FA Cup?

HelloCity

How did the reaction to the 4th goal compare to that of Dickov/Aguero?

Can't have been far off after a match like that.

For those that watched at home, what are your memories of this game?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtZQjDaN_U[/youtube]

Yes i was there. My ticket never turned up. Was told there was a cockup and informed another would be available at the ground for me. That never happened so bought another from there ticket office as it was not a sell out. Plenty had left at half time

Past caring in the second half, had already been beaten there is the League Cup when we almost got back in it so it was just a bonus we didn't go to extra time and a bit surreal.There must have been about 10 shots on goal all game and seven went in.

Loads left at half time too.

In the end it wasn't that far ahead of the late win at LCFC in the round before, it had been coming all second half and had seemed like a possibility for 20 mins or so - nothing like th end of last season.

Yep I went, loads of Blues left at half time... ha!

Reaction to 4th goal was a bit mad, but not comparable in any way to Dickovs and Agueros goals, nowhere near as important a match even tho we were playing the rags next round.

Was a great night all the same and one that will stick in the memory until I die.

Good old Joey Barton....

I'd been to the League Cup tie at WHL earlier in the season when we got thumped 3-1 and so when we went 3-0 down again I had a serious case of deja vu. After the third goal went in a couple of blues nearby almost came to blows arguing over who was to blame, I thought for a second it was going to turn very ugly with their mates joining in but they calmed down.

The second half was unreal, most of us thought the Distin goal was a consolation and that Spurs would just take advantage of the extra man and score 2 or 3 more but we kept plugging away. SWP was sensational in the 2nd half popping up all over the park and after he'd equalised we did actually look the more likely winners, as Corky posted above. So not as dramatic as Aguero and not as much relief as with the Dickov equaliser but great memories nonetheless.

lancs blue said:
I'd been to the League Cup tie at WHL earlier in the season when we got thumped 3-0 and so when we went 3-0 down again I had a serious case of deja vu. After the third goal went in a couple of blues nearby almost came to blows arguing over who was to blame, I thought for a second it was going to turn very ugly with their mates joining in but they calmed down.

The second half was unreal, most of us thought the Distin goal was a consolation and that Spurs would just take advantage of the extra man and score 2 or 3 more but we kept plugging away. SWP was sensational in the 2nd half popping up all over the park and after he'd equalised we did actually look the more likely winners, as Corky posted above. So not as dramatic as Aguero and not as much relief as with the Dickov equaliser but great memories nonetheless.

3-1 in league cup - was our first goal in a while when Fowler some how out jumped their keeper. We hardly had a 'proper' chance that game so I know what you mean. We hadn't won in the League since November is what most people forget about how unlikely it it seemed at one point.

Corky said:
lancs blue said:
I'd been to the League Cup tie at WHL earlier in the season when we got thumped 3-0 and so when we went 3-0 down again I had a serious case of deja vu. After the third goal went in a couple of blues nearby almost came to blows arguing over who was to blame, I thought for a second it was going to turn very ugly with their mates joining in but they calmed down.

3-1 in league cup - was our first goal in a while when Fowler some how out jumped their keeper. We hardly had a 'proper' chance that game so I know what you mean. We hadn't won in the League since November is what most people forget about how unlikely it it seemed at one point.

I remember the League Cup match as me and my mate were a little bit late so were pelting up the stairs, knocked Liam and Noel Gallagher over racing round a corner, Noel said sorry to me and Liam just scowled, it was my fault so I don't blame him!

Corky said:
lancs blue said:

Yeah I remembered after I'd posted that Fowler had scored, my main memory of the League Cup game is Ellegard going down in slow motion for one of their goals! Good point about the long winless run, didn't the start of it coincide with going out of Europe at Groclin?

Yeah I think europe hammered us.

We won at Saints and that was it.

Ellegard was well out of his depth and costing us points, even Arnie bar his double save didn't look much cop. We were certain to go down if James had not signed looking back on it.

Anelka had been sent off a few days before Spurs and had a 3 game ban coming up, it looked very bleak, but our season turned around without him at the Reebock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.