Anyone here go to Spurs 3-4 City in the FA Cup?

Remember it like it was yesterday lol! The feeling of elation, beating a Spurs team that had stuck it to us for so many years (I remember them beating us 4 times in the same season back in '93), in the way that we did, unbelievable!
Best memory of the night was the young bloke sat/stood next to me, he was over from Australia, had never been to an English game in his life, and ended up in the City end was 2,000 delirious Blues! I am sure that nailed his colours on to the mast well and truly! Happy days..............

While I wasn't there, I watched it live and this was the game that got me supporting City.

I was a late bloomer when it comes to Footie, I grew up not liking it much and around the year 2k mark I started to get a slight interest that grew from there, with no allegiance to any club, and only watching a few Internationals. Then a few things happened over a few years.... I got a GF ( now wife ) who is a life long city fan, And I watched that match. and I was hooked. I am now CTID.

Was the only City in the Bell pub at Chase Side near Enfield. Never forget the barmaid with the huge tits and her look when I was going out ...

rodziak said:
Was the only City in the Bell pub at Chase Side near Enfield. Never forget the barmaid with the huge tits and her look when I was going out ...

Do you mean the Six Bells? That used to be my local at that time. A gorgeous redhead used to work in that pub.

I used to watch games in the Six Bells, although I was at White Hart Lane that night.

Great night. My word, the Spurs fans were angry after that game.

Manc in London said:
Do you mean the Six Bells? That used to be my local at that time. A gorgeous redhead used to work in that pub.

I used to watch games in the Six Bells, although I was at White Hart Lane that night.

Great night. My word, the Spurs fans were angry after that game.

yes, exactly that was the Six Bells one. Only one pint of Stella was my close friend that night. The pub was full of Lilly whites but nothing could stop my hppiness. Well, unforgetable night. Thank You lads.

BTW
I used to go down to Brixton where gathered Mancunians at Commercial Pub

The Stag near Gentelmen Row at Enfield Town- my local at that time

I was told yesterday that one guy bet 100 quid on Man City during the break and won 25k ... (!)

I was there in the upper tier and we hadn't sold out either lower or upper, reckon there was nearer 1,500 that night. Great feeling when the fourth went in but nothing like the Aguero or Dickov goals as the game wasn't as important. Most fans hadn't realised Sir Joseph had been sent off but given that we had played with 10 men for most of the first half anyway as Anelka was sulking it didn't make much of a difference. Drove back to Coventry as staying away from home for an exhibition, turned on my TV and Sky was replaying the whole game which of course I had to watch again as still buzzing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.